By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be your first game in 2023 that you will play or beat

Tagged games:

What is your favorite gaming platform of this current gen?

Playstation 5 17 37.78%

Xbox Series S/X 6 13.33%

Nintendo Switch 15 33.33%

PC 7 15.56%

Total:45

Finishing my Speer (Gang of Four) playthrough in the Hearts of Iron 4 mod The New Order: Last Days Of The Thousand Year Reich on PC and then Chained Echoes on Switch.

Around the Network

I lied, Gamepass leaving made me switch course and now Nobody Saves the world will be my first game beaten in 2023.

I have to finish the remaster of Age of Empires I, it's been on my backlog for back too long. After that, I'll try to play some of my backlog, since I've really hoarded a frightening amount of unplayed titles. I've also tried to get 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim for the Switch, since everyone keeps saying it's great, but the game is nowhere to be seen in retail.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Super Mario World on NSO. I just beat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Finally went back and finished Metro Last Light on Steamdeck. Next up Metro Exodus Enhanced edition.

Around the Network

The first game I beat this year was High on Life (1/1/2023). Octopath Traveler is probably the next game I finish since I'm almost done with it.

I got Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade on Steam this past weekend. Found a code for it that was only $25 started playing it last night and I don't like to start a new game until I'm finished with a current game. So that will definitely be the first game I beat in 2023.

NobleTeam360 said:

Hm, I was in the middle of playing Kingdom Hearts over the holiday but I might put that on hold and pick up something else to be my first game of 2023. I'm not sure if I'll wait for a new release like Fire Emblem Engage in a few weeks or play one of my many backlog games.

Welp, KH ended up being the 1st game I beat in the new year after all (now I'm just doing the plat trophy for it). Game is still as fun as I remember when I was a kid. 

Medieval Dynasty, playing on my PS5 but it's a multiplat from a small indie studio.
Very relaxing and laid back, despite the title.

Pretty sure the first game I beat will be Cult of the Lamb.