By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be your first game in 2023 that you will play or beat

Tagged games:

What is your favorite gaming platform of this current gen?

Playstation 5 17 37.78%

Xbox Series S/X 6 13.33%

Nintendo Switch 15 33.33%

PC 7 15.56%

Total:45

My first game this year has been Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4. After finally beating Final Fantasy VIII in December, I wanted something that's easier to either finish or take a break from, and I picked Samurai Warriors 4 from my backlog. It just barely beat osu!, but it's unlikely to be the first game I beat this year because I don't think I'm interested in finishing all the campaigns before moving on. As for what game I'm going to beat next, I'm not sure. I have several options, but I haven't made a choice yet, nor does any stand out.

Around the Network

Hm, I was in the middle of playing Kingdom Hearts over the holiday but I might put that on hold and pick up something else to be my first game of 2023. I'm not sure if I'll wait for a new release like Fire Emblem Engage in a few weeks or play one of my many backlog games.

Was going to wait until I get a PS5 but my buddy surprisingly got me God of War Ragnarok Collectors Edition, so i'll be playing that first on my PS4.

I've been giving Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-2 a play today, so that's the first game I've played in 2023. I've 100% THPS1 with Tony Hawk - will probably get THPS2 done in the next day or so (doesn't take long really).

NobleTeam360 said:

Hm, I was in the middle of playing Kingdom Hearts over the holiday but I might put that on hold and pick up something else to be my first game of 2023. I'm not sure if I'll wait for a new release like Fire Emblem Engage in a few weeks or play one of my many backlog games.

Any reason why you decided to put it on hold?

I was (or am) in a KH Marathon run...that started all the way back in 2018 , though to be honest, its been more than 2 years since I last played a KH game (KH2 finished it at the end of 2019).

Gonna be playing KH Birth By Sleep once I'm done with what I am playing right now mainly on PS4.

Around the Network

I began a playthrough of the PacMan World remake on Switch and I'll try to finish today to begin the year in good form.

Expecting to go through a bit of my backlog early on this year before I dedicate time to the newer releases in February

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Wreckfest on PC

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

BasilZero said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Any reason why you decided to put it on hold?

I was (or am) in a KH Marathon run...that started all the way back in 2018 , though to be honest, its been more than 2 years since I last played a KH game (KH2 finished it at the end of 2019).

Gonna be playing KH Birth By Sleep once I'm done with what I am playing right now mainly on PS4.

I just don't want KH to be my first game of the new year. xD

Animal Crossing was the first game I played.

The first one I’ll likely start in 2023 and complete is the Pixel Remaster for Final Fantasy 4. They’re listed for Spring 2023, so I guess it’ll be determined if the date is closer to March 21 or June 21. The reason it’s not 6 is I literally just played that one on the Classic Mini. While I don’t see myself starting and finishing any new games this winter (most of what I’m playing now will likely hold me over for a few months), I can see myself picking up a different game and finishing it before June. I’ve had my eye on Romancing Saga 3.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Animal Crossing was the first game I played.

The first one I’ll likely start in 2023 and complete is the Pixel Remaster for Final Fantasy 4. They’re listed for Spring 2023, so I guess it’ll be determined if the date is closer to March 21 or June 21. The reason it’s not 6 is I literally just played that one on the Classic Mini. While I don’t see myself starting and finishing any new games this winter (most of what I’m playing now will likely hold me over for a few months), I can see myself picking up a different game and finishing it before June. I’ve had my eye on Romancing Saga 3.

It's remastered is really great. The game has plenty of fun gameplay features outside of the usual RPG fare depending on your chosen protagonist. It also possess quite the challenge and it has a more open narrative style.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909