By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

Mnementh said:
Chrkeller said:

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who played Triangle. :(

I have Triangle, and I want to play it. But not in between work without concentration. I want to take my time for it. And that leads into it falling on the wayside. Because after work I often feel to exhausted mentally to take on a strategic challenge and weekends are filled with other stuff. I definitely want to play Triangle. It just needs to be at the right time. My current projection says once I reach pension age.

It does take a good amount of thought and planning.  The difficulty was well managed.  Not too hard nor not easy.  Great balance.  Amazing characters and fantastic decision trees.

Around the Network

Horizon Forbidden West for me. I played that for well over a 100 hours, amazing world building and characters. So much detail, so varied, such a great world to explore and find out more about. Much more than I expected from a sequel and looking forward to the next one.

Elden Ring looks interesting, but I still can't bring myself to start it. My oldest is playing it and had to start over after 20 hours and is now following guides :/

axumblade said:
Vodacixi said:

It's a tie between Triangle Strategy and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I have yet to play Elden Ring though (already purchased, but I didn't have time to play it until now...).

I’m waiting to play Ultra Deluxe when my Steam Deck gets here. Less than a week until it arrives and the games keep stacking up for me to play 

You lucky bastard xD. I still have to wait until October minimum for my Steam Deck. Can't wait to deploy the Steam collection I've been building for years. Never had a gaming PC, so I couldn't play most of them. But now for 400 dolars I will be able to play them on the go. Seriously, so excited ^^

BTW if you liked the original Stanley Parable, you are gonna love Ultra Deluxe. 

I mean, it's gotta be Elden Ring, doesn't it?

Best game I've played since Bloodborne, already put 400+ hours into the game, beat it thrice solo, working on thrice more with friends (I have a group of three, we are beating it on each of our respective saves), and I'm working on a PS4 run as well so I can get more trophies. Plenty of good stuff this year (And we still potentially have God of War), but Elden Ring is the best game so far by a wide margin and is easily my favourite game of the past 5+ years. Yeah, even better than Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Elden ring pushed open world to another level. I doubt anything that will be released this year can challenge it.

Around the Network

So, I haven't actually played a game released this year. Otherwise, in terms of gameplay, KH3 or Yoku's Island Express.

Hmm, pie.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus for me, but might be replaced by XC3 soon

Kinda cheating but The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. Doubled the content of one of the best games of the last decade

My favourite game of the year. I liked the first one and would easily grade it around 85-90 range back in the day but the sequel blows it away. It literally has improved on every aspect, classes, bosses, stuff to unlock, challenges, music etc. The only point I feel you can make subjectively wise is the artstyle, a few prefered the first one but I don't really get it.

TMNT really did not do it for me, it felt like I ordered half a pizza but instead got a small slice. For nostalgic reasons it was fun to go trough but after my 2 hour session and beating the game I deleted it don't really see me go back to the game. 

Didn't played Elden Ring it, too much backlog. Probably was going to play it next year if I manage to get a PS5. Couldn't find time to play Horizon either. Those two are my likely choices.

Among the games I've played Triangle Strategy. I really like it and finished 3 routes (I'm just missing the Golden route now), but I hardly doubt Horizon and Elden Ring aren't quite few levels better than it

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 05 July 2022