By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

Mine is Horizon: Forbidden West so far.

The only game that might threaten its position is God of War: Ragnarok.

Around the Network

triangle strategy would have been my choice if not for elden ring.

Haven't played anything that came out this year so far. Most likely my game of the year will end up being Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

I've played nothing that has been released this year (outside of a few hours of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes). So I don't have a GOTY as of yet, but once July 29th arrives, oh it will be a glorious day and definitely my GOTY

elden ring

Around the Network

1 - Horizon Forbidden West

2 - Monster Hunter Sunbreak

3 - Elden Ring

4 - Kirby

5 - GT7

6 - Sifu

Kirby could have been higher up the list if not for the fact it was far too easy, but I loved it, Horizon forbidden west was better than I expected, I loved the first one and thought I would be burn out on the series but the new one is quite like a new game.

Sunbreak could have been number 1 if not for the fact its just a DLC

Sifu was also too short to be higher up.

So far this year was disappointing for games. Last year was better

Shatts said:

Elden Ring is amazing, there's no denying that. It's probably the pinnacle for hardcore gamers. There were definitely flaws like unfriendly user interface, I think it was also a game that severely chooses players (just like any other Fromsoft games). I think the only chance any game would compete against the GOTY spot would be Bayonetta 3. Every Bayonetta game thus far has been critically acclaimed and loved by fans. The only thing that is holding back is probably the sales. Depending on how well Bayo 3 sells and made, it has a good chance. Hogwarts Legacy also looks promising, but I honestly don't think it's GOTY level judging from the trailers.

I guarantee you its not going to be game of the year, its not popular enough, not to mention its exclusive to switch and will have poor sales. Unless its way better than bayonetta 2 then it has no chance. Even then, to beat elden ring or forbidden west is going to be difficult, elden ring has the reviews, sales, multiplatform, forbidden west has the graphics, storyline, voice acting.

In my opinion game of the year will be God of war ragnarok. It will have the graphics, voice acting, animations, sales, critic and fans reviews, and the previous one was highly regarded, so I am positive it has a big chance to beat elden ring, but then again, elden ring had the involvement of GRR Martin so it would make sense for it to win, the name alone will look good on the news associated with gaming, which would be good for gaming as a media for the future.

Then again we have Starfield, another contender.

So in my opinion only 3 contenders for GOTY - Ragnarok, Starfield, Elden Ring

victor83fernandes said:
Shatts said:

Elden Ring is amazing, there's no denying that. It's probably the pinnacle for hardcore gamers. There were definitely flaws like unfriendly user interface, I think it was also a game that severely chooses players (just like any other Fromsoft games). I think the only chance any game would compete against the GOTY spot would be Bayonetta 3. Every Bayonetta game thus far has been critically acclaimed and loved by fans. The only thing that is holding back is probably the sales. Depending on how well Bayo 3 sells and made, it has a good chance. Hogwarts Legacy also looks promising, but I honestly don't think it's GOTY level judging from the trailers.

I guarantee you its not going to be game of the year, its not popular enough, not to mention its exclusive to switch and will have poor sales. Unless its way better than bayonetta 2 then it has no chance. Even then, to beat elden ring or forbidden west is going to be difficult, elden ring has the reviews, sales, multiplatform, forbidden west has the graphics, storyline, voice acting.

In my opinion game of the year will be God of war ragnarok. It will have the graphics, voice acting, animations, sales, critic and fans reviews, and the previous one was highly regarded, so I am positive it has a big chance to beat elden ring, but then again, elden ring had the involvement of GRR Martin so it would make sense for it to win, the name alone will look good on the news associated with gaming, which would be good for gaming as a media for the future.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

victor83fernandes said:
Shatts said:

Are you living under a rock? Cuz Starfield was delayed to next year. I forgot about Raganrok and my comment was back when it wasn't confirmed to be this year so that I agree with. 

Kakadu18 said:

Haven't played anything that came out this year so far. Most likely my game of the year will end up being Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Oh my, I forgot that, I totally agree with you, if its any good as the previous ones, then for sure will be the best game of the year.