By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

Elden Ring, for me, followed by TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge.

Around the Network

AI - The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative.

Elden Ring, by a long shot.

Haven't played many games from this year tbf.. still going through Horizon Forbidden West and completed Kirby and the Forgotten Lands, which was fun.. if a little unremarkable. There were other games I tried getting into and were dropped rather quickly. Bit of a slow year for games thus far, though the 2nd half is packed.

The big game I am waiting on is Bayo 3. I thought Elden Ring would tie me over until then, but meh, I love Souls, but I really wasn't feeling ER.

Elden Ring is amazing, there's no denying that. It's probably the pinnacle for hardcore gamers. There were definitely flaws like unfriendly user interface, I think it was also a game that severely chooses players (just like any other Fromsoft games). I think the only chance any game would compete against the GOTY spot would be Bayonetta 3. Every Bayonetta game thus far has been critically acclaimed and loved by fans. The only thing that is holding back is probably the sales. Depending on how well Bayo 3 sells and made, it has a good chance. Hogwarts Legacy also looks promising, but I honestly don't think it's GOTY level judging from the trailers.

Around the Network

I feel like Kirby, Arceus, and Three Hopes are the only new releases I've played so far this year. So, Kirby.

Edit: Oh shit. I forgot Triangle Strategy came out this year. Thought it was last year. Triangle Strategy for me then.

Also played Ninja Turtles, and not seeing it as GOTY. It's a fun throwback and I like it a lot. It's exactly what it tries to be, no more, no less.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 04 July 2022

Elden Ring. It's the best game of the 2020's so far.

I believe Horizon Foribdden West the only game I've played that was released this year, but I have a hard time believing anything will surpass it for me this year. I haven't played Kriby, Tunic, TMNT, or Sifu yet but I plan on getting/playing them at some point.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Elden Ring, for me, followed by TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge.

TMNT is amazing

The Ascent on PS5 for me

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!