By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

I mean ..... I've played 4 games from 2022. Tunic which was decent but not a GOTY contender, Memoir Blue which owes me the hr of my life I spent on it back, Horizon FW which was painfully mediocre and owes me my 40+ hrs of wasted time back and then Elden Ring which I beat 5x and was everything I ever wanted from open world souls and even exceeded my expectations. I very much doubt anything with top Elden Ring this year.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 04 July 2022

"Stay up all night. Rush in Tokyo running through the lights. Stay up all night. Got me fucked up 'til the sunlight"

Ride The Chariot | MyAnimeList |

Xbox: Versus Evil | PS: VRS-EV

Around the Network

The Last of Us 2
Final Fantasy 15
Resident Evil 7

Top 3 in this order so far for this year.

Triangle Strategy is better than Forbidden West, which was better than Elden.

GotY so far for me is Triangle.

Fei-Hung said:

Was going to say ER, but the more I played of the game, three less I liked it and in the end it was the least favourite From game.

HFW on the other hand I wasn't excited about, but the more I played it, the more I realised it was better than its predecessor at every turn, and in the end turned into my GOTY.

Same here.  With Elden I was blown away with the first two main bosses (Magrit and Grafted)....  which was the first 10 hours.  The game peaked very early and was just meh.  

That released in 2022.
Elden Ring, easily and its not even a contest.
HorizonFW would come second.
I guess Sifu would come third.

Now going to be playing Kirby and TFL before Xeno 3 releases.

Around the Network

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who played Triangle. :(

Chrkeller said:

I have Triangle, and I want to play it. But not in between work without concentration. I want to take my time for it. And that leads into it falling on the wayside. Because after work I often feel to exhausted mentally to take on a strategic challenge and weekends are filled with other stuff. I definitely want to play Triangle. It just needs to be at the right time. My current projection says once I reach pension age.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 04 July 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Chrkeller said:

I didn't really like the combat in the demo.  But I have been on a classic rpg kick lately playing Star Ocean First Departure, Wild Arms, and currently playing Grandia this year, so I will probably pick up Triangle at some point.

It's a tie between Triangle Strategy and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I have yet to play Elden Ring though (already purchased, but I didn't have time to play it until now...).

Vodacixi said:

It's a tie between Triangle Strategy and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I have yet to play Elden Ring though (already purchased, but I didn't have time to play it until now...).

I’m waiting to play Ultra Deluxe when my Steam Deck gets here. Less than a week until it arrives and the games keep stacking up for me to play