By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

That released in 2022.
Elden Ring, easily and its not even a contest.
HorizonFW would come second.
I guess Sifu would come third.

Now going to be playing Kirby and TFL before Xeno 3 releases.

Around the Network

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who played Triangle. :(

Chrkeller said:

I have Triangle, and I want to play it. But not in between work without concentration. I want to take my time for it. And that leads into it falling on the wayside. Because after work I often feel to exhausted mentally to take on a strategic challenge and weekends are filled with other stuff. I definitely want to play Triangle. It just needs to be at the right time. My current projection says once I reach pension age.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 04 July 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Chrkeller said:

I didn't really like the combat in the demo.  But I have been on a classic rpg kick lately playing Star Ocean First Departure, Wild Arms, and currently playing Grandia this year, so I will probably pick up Triangle at some point.

It's a tie between Triangle Strategy and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I have yet to play Elden Ring though (already purchased, but I didn't have time to play it until now...).

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Chrkeller said:

I have Triangle, and I want to play it. But not in between work without concentration. I want to take my time for it. And that leads into it falling on the wayside. Because after work I often feel to exhausted mentally to take on a strategic challenge and weekends are filled with other stuff. I definitely want to play Triangle. It just needs to be at the right time. My current projection says once I reach pension age.

It does take a good amount of thought and planning.  The difficulty was well managed.  Not too hard nor not easy.  Great balance.  Amazing characters and fantastic decision trees.

Horizon Forbidden West for me. I played that for well over a 100 hours, amazing world building and characters. So much detail, so varied, such a great world to explore and find out more about. Much more than I expected from a sequel and looking forward to the next one.

Elden Ring looks interesting, but I still can't bring myself to start it. My oldest is playing it and had to start over after 20 hours and is now following guides :/

axumblade said:
Vodacixi said:

It's a tie between Triangle Strategy and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I have yet to play Elden Ring though (already purchased, but I didn't have time to play it until now...).

I’m waiting to play Ultra Deluxe when my Steam Deck gets here. Less than a week until it arrives and the games keep stacking up for me to play 

You lucky bastard xD. I still have to wait until October minimum for my Steam Deck. Can't wait to deploy the Steam collection I've been building for years. Never had a gaming PC, so I couldn't play most of them. But now for 400 dolars I will be able to play them on the go. Seriously, so excited ^^

BTW if you liked the original Stanley Parable, you are gonna love Ultra Deluxe. 

I mean, it's gotta be Elden Ring, doesn't it?

Best game I've played since Bloodborne, already put 400+ hours into the game, beat it thrice solo, working on thrice more with friends (I have a group of three, we are beating it on each of our respective saves), and I'm working on a PS4 run as well so I can get more trophies. Plenty of good stuff this year (And we still potentially have God of War), but Elden Ring is the best game so far by a wide margin and is easily my favourite game of the past 5+ years. Yeah, even better than Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Elden ring pushed open world to another level. I doubt anything that will be released this year can challenge it.