By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

So, I haven't actually played a game released this year. Otherwise, in terms of gameplay, KH3 or Yoku's Island Express.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Pokemon Legends: Arceus for me, but might be replaced by XC3 soon

Kinda cheating but The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. Doubled the content of one of the best games of the last decade

My favourite game of the year. I liked the first one and would easily grade it around 85-90 range back in the day but the sequel blows it away. It literally has improved on every aspect, classes, bosses, stuff to unlock, challenges, music etc. The only point I feel you can make subjectively wise is the artstyle, a few prefered the first one but I don't really get it.

TMNT really did not do it for me, it felt like I ordered half a pizza but instead got a small slice. For nostalgic reasons it was fun to go trough but after my 2 hour session and beating the game I deleted it don't really see me go back to the game. 

Didn't played Elden Ring it, too much backlog. Probably was going to play it next year if I manage to get a PS5. Couldn't find time to play Horizon either. Those two are my likely choices.

Among the games I've played Triangle Strategy. I really like it and finished 3 routes (I'm just missing the Golden route now), but I hardly doubt Horizon and Elden Ring aren't quite few levels better than it

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 05 July 2022

Around the Network

Not having played any game that released this year so far, I cannot say.

But TNMT: Shredder's Revenge is an early contender as I loved the NES Turtles games

shikamaru317 said:

For me so far this year, TMNT Shredders Revenge. Though I haven't played many other games that released so far this year yet, such as Elden Ring, Wonderlands, and Lego Star Wars, and there are more games releasing later this year, so my GOTY could easily change.

I just started playing this and WOW! What an immensely satisfying game to play with shocking depth in its combat system! it won't best Elden ring for Me, but hot damn it's great! Brings me back to my days playing Turtles in Time on SNES.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Toss up between returnal and horizon forbidden west. Though I have yet to play elden ring, sitting on my desk, probably next.

konnichiwa said:

My favourite game of the year. I liked the first one and would easily grade it around 85-90 range back in the day but the sequel blows it away. It literally has improved on every aspect, classes, bosses, stuff to unlock, challenges, music etc. The only point I feel you can make subjectively wise is the artstyle, a few prefered the first one but I don't really get it.

TMNT really did not do it for me, it felt like I ordered half a pizza but instead got a small slice. For nostalgic reasons it was fun to go trough but after my 2 hour session and beating the game I deleted it don't really see me go back to the game. 

I didn't know this released this year, but then saw that it only released on Microsoft platforms.  I really liked the first Rogue Legacy, but I need this one to release on Switch.  Hopefully it will come soon.

axumblade said:
Runa216 said:

I just started playing this and WOW! What an immensely satisfying game to play with shocking depth in its combat system! it won't best Elden ring for Me, but hot damn it's great! Brings me back to my days playing Turtles in Time on SNES.

It’s so fun! We are trying to savor it at my place so we will just do a couple of levels a day but it brings back that feeling from playing the arcade and snes games from my childhood. I can’t wait for the Cowabunga Collection

I had a buddy over for his birthday last weekend, we did a 4-player coop run all the way through and had a blast. 

then, because my brain sucks and I can't just enjoy a game and move on, I proceeded to push forward and got the platinum trophy over the course of this week. Was a pain in the ass but it was a fun game so it was worth it. Seriously, only 1 trophy was actually BAD (The one where you beat the end boss without getting hit due to terrible RNG), while another (Beat Arcade mode on hard) was kind of annoying due to not being able to tell what difficulty you're in if you join a random crew online). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android