By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Year and a half into the generation, which of the new consoles do you own?

Which of the new consoles do you own?

PS5 disc 10 16.67%

PS5 digital 2 3.33%

Xbox series x 7 11.67%

Xbox series s 1 1.67%

PS5 disc and digital 0 0%

Xbox series X and s. 1 1.67%

A PS5 (disc/digital) and an Xbox (X/S) 4 6.67%

None but plan on getting a PS5 12 20.00%

None but plan on getting a Xbox 4 6.67%

None and not interested in any at the moment 19 31.67%

Total:60

The start of this generation has been strange for the PS5 and Xbox SeriesX/S due to the pandemic and the issues that came from it. So which of the new consoles do you own and when did get it?

I own the Series X and got it when pre orders opened. Took me like 5 hours of constantly reloading different sites for me to get to checkout. 

Around the Network

Neither. I will eventually get a PS5, but right now the places I usually buy video games from either just don't even have them available for order, or are telling that if I order one now I'd get it sometime in early 2023, so I haven't bothered at all.

Eksbawks X

Darashiva said:

Neither. I will eventually get a PS5, but right now the places I usually buy video games from either just don't even have them available for order, or are telling that if I order one now I'd get it sometime in early 2023, so I haven't bothered at all.

This pretty much sums me up as well, going from a history of buying every new gen home console at launch to this time not owning the PS5 and Series X consoles when they launched despite my desire to pay at retail was a shock but nothing compared to having gone 18 months without owning either of them.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Series X and PS5 disc version

Around the Network

None (besides Switch) and not interested. If I ever end up getting one for now it seems more likely it would be an XBox Series. Maybe even ‘only’ an S, but probably none.

None, staying Switch/PC until gen 10.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Will start looking for a PS5 when FFXVI drops, probably., but the Switch is more that keeping my gaming needs satisfied. If Switch 2 comes out with FFXVI somehow or Dragon Quest XII, might not even bother with PS5.

Neither. I voted "plan on getting a PS5" cause I technically do, just not anytime soon.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Neither. They simply don't have the games I want yet that I can't get from other consoles.