By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Sony home console?

What's your favorite Sony home console?

PlayStation 150 18.14%

PlayStation 2 321 38.81%

PlayStation 3 115 13.91%

PlayStation 4 133 16.08%

PlayStation 5 108 13.06%

Total:827
NobleTeam360 said:

PS2
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Ratchet and Clank
3. God of War
4. Jak and Daxter
5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Just to add on, I'd rank the PS consoles in this order: PS2>PS4>PS1>PS3>PS5 (PS5 being last only because it not even 2 years old yet). 

Around the Network

PS2. It's better than PS1, and it plays PS1 games as well. As far as I care, it didn't have any major flaws, unlike the newer consoles. PS3? Plagued by DLC and online pass. PS4? Terrible backwards compatibility (i.e. none), poor discounts despite sales moving towards digital distribution, and I wasn't terribly impressed with the games either. PS5? OK-ish backwards compatibility, but other than that, I'm expecting it to become more of what PS4 was (with terrible availability and consequently pricing as well).

Or, another view: PS1 and PS2 didn't have any nonsense, which started appearing with PS3 and kind of got worse later. It's really more of an issue with the gaming industry in general, but that doesn't really help the newer PS consoles in comparison with the older ones.

For me it is extremely close between PS1 and PS2.  I have to just barely give it to PS2 because it has more games that I like while my favorite PS1 games tend to rank higher.  My top 5 looks something like this:

1. Katamari Damacy
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Final Fantasy XII
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Kingdom Hearts

I picked the PS5, because I think my PS2 memories are linked to playing a lot of games with friends and practicing certain games on the PS2 and taking my skills to the arcades.

But if it was purely games, it most likely it the PS5 and there aren't as many games I've played. So I'll have to go with:

1) HFW
2) Cyberpunk2077
3) DS remake
4) Returnal
5) Astrobot

Depends if you mean right now, or at the time of launch.

As of right now its the ps5, its the first console to not have jagged edges on games which used to annoy me big time. Its also the first to have super fast loadings, its also one of the quietest ones, I cant remember the ps1 and ps2 noise. I know the ps4 was a huge disappointment at launch because of all those features lacking and also it had a poor controller. The ps5 controller is by far the best playstation controller, mostly due to build quality. I also love how well the store is integrated into the menu, and I like the OS features such as follow the achievements and tasks on each game. Rest mode is also very convenient so I don't have to save my game. There was no rest mode before the ps4. Its also the first console that can match the graphics of my high end PC, previous consoles were always behind.

It also has backwards compatibility with the ps4.

The ps3 had with ps2 at the beginning only and I remember the ps3 controller didnt even have vibration and I hated those triggers.

Around the Network

PS4

The PS2.

PS2, but PS4 is not far away.
Imho, PS2 and Snes, and PS4 comes very close behind.

Hard to chose only 5, but....

Dragon Quest: 8/ RE:4 / MGS3: Snake Eater /God of War 2/ Shadow of the Colossus.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 10 May 2022

I miss the logo sounds. Just wasn't the same with PS4, though it's a not too distant second to PS2.

This sound effect is burned into my brain on an instinct level, in a good way.

I also haven't experienced PS5 yet, though even if I had I don't see it overtaking PS4 or PS2 this early.

For me, the original Playstation. So many fond memories with that as a kid.

My nr1 was an easy choice for me but the rest was hard as therr are so many great games that deserve to be in the top 5.

1. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
2. Crash Team Racing
3. Twisted Metal 2
4. Crash 2
5. Tekken 3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"