By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Sony home console?

What's your favorite Sony home console?

PlayStation 150 18.14%

PlayStation 2 321 38.81%

PlayStation 3 115 13.91%

PlayStation 4 133 16.08%

PlayStation 5 108 13.06%

Total:827

For me, just personal opinion, the ps5 is the least impressive of the Playstation consoles. But only because it is brand new, it will improve over time. I rank consoles in terms of exclusives. The ps5 has Demon Remake and Ratchet. Everything else I can get elsewhere.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

For me, just personal opinion, the ps5 is the least impressive of the Playstation consoles. But only because it is brand new, it will improve over time. I rank consoles in terms of exclusives. The ps5 has Demon Remake and Ratchet. Everything else I can get elsewhere.

Also Returnal.

The PS2 is my favorite Console by far Followed by the PS3. big library of games of great quality and lot's of variety. PS1 was good too. PS4 was ok the whole 8th gen was a bit disappointing for me. Don't really have an opinion on PS5 at the moment.

Top 5 games would be.
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy X
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
GTA San Andreas
Kingdom Hearts 2

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 11 May 2022

I said PS3.

I didn’t have a PS2. I didn’t have many games for the PS1. I loved some games for the PS4 but I had a lot more experiences on the PS3

I think PS2 probably had 100 games exclusive to it that were better than anything but the top 5 games on xbox and gamecube. It's the console generation I played the most games and one of two generations I owned all three consoles. I used to buy everything used using gamestop or ebay so I have massive collections during this time. It's honestly like an entire lifetime by itself with the amount of quality games I spent playing on the PS2. By far the Tier 0 console for me. Nothing comes close.

Around the Network

I voted "The PS Quad" I bought so many games for my best friend's PS4.

PS2 just had an absurd amount of games. And with a modded PS2, (as well as having more free time on my hands) the amount of games I was able to play back then is probably something I won't experience again.
It had just about any of the popular games you could imagine. But also many obscure games like RPGs for anime I was watching.

After PS2, I usually say PS1 because many of my favorite games are from that platform.
But I didn't have my own PS1, and I think PS4 may have brought me more fond memories.

My fav PS2 games in no particular order:

Suikoden V
Metal Gear Solid 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
Resident Evil 4
Shadow Hearts 2

If the consoles are ranked based on the games you can play that released first on that console. Then PS3 will win for me and PS5 last.

Last edited by Pajderman - on 12 May 2022

Chrkeller said:

I rank consoles in terms of exclusives

This is a strange reasoning. As now most of games are multiplat and also released on PCs. PS4 for instance has a huge library, but not a single exclusive now because of the cross gen thing, you can get any their game elsewhere 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Chrkeller said:

I rank consoles in terms of exclusives

This is a strange reasoning. As now most of games are multiplat and also released on PCs. PS4 for instance has a huge library, but not a single exclusive now because of the cross gen thing, you can get any their game elsewhere 

Exactly my point and why Nintendo ranks high for me.  I can't play their offerings anywhere else.

If Sony keeps porting to PC, yeah I might go that route and start buying PC.  The only reason I haven't is because of GPU prices.

So my opinion holds for me.  Exclusives sell hardware.  If next generation I can get MS and Sony titles on PC....  why get an Xbox and ps6, when a single PC will suffice?

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 12 May 2022