By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Sony home console?

What's your favorite Sony home console?

PlayStation 150 18.14%

PlayStation 2 321 38.81%

PlayStation 3 115 13.91%

PlayStation 4 133 16.08%

PlayStation 5 108 13.06%

Total:827
Mandalore76 said:
Chrkeller said:

ps2 and it isn't even close. There wasn't a game the ps2 didn't have with the exception of Nintendo. The ps2 had everything.

Kakadu18 said:

Halo

Also:

Star Wars:  Knights of the Old Republic 
Jade Empire
Fable
Shenmue II
Ninja Gaiden: Black
Elder Scrolls III

Also:

Shenmue
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Set Radio

EDIT: Dammit, Nintendo was mentioned.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 10 May 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Voted PS1 because it had many great Namco and Eidos games, in no order!:

-Akuji The Heartless
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
-Fighting Force
-Tomb Raider
-Ninja Shadow of Darkness
-Gex 3
-Time Crisis
-Soul Edge/Blade
-Tekken Trilogy
-Ridge Racer
-Rage Racer
-Point Blank
-Klonoa
-Silent Hill
-Metal Gear Solid

Follow up PS2, but sadly i wasn't that interested in this console when i got it back in summer 2003, i was addicted to GCN and Half-Life (PS2) taught me go back to PC for modding community and relearned PC had third party PS2 games once again, anyway here few games and no order again:

-Klonoa 2
-Tekken Tag
-Tekken 5
-Devil May Cry 1
-Devil May Cry 3
-Jak & Daxter
-Ratchet & Clank
-Sly Cooper
-Silent Hill 2
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Had PS3 and PS4, but unfortunately.... At the time, i became fully PC & Nintendo guy. Sold my PS3 and PS4, but physical PS4 games are remained to play on my PS5 sometimes later, though they're only collectibles.

The PS1 absolutely lured me away from Nintendo with games like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Oddworld, Syphon Filter, and Soul Reaver, but the PS2 is the true king in my book.

Jak and Daxter, Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy X, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Smuggler's Run, ATV Off-Road Fury, Ico, Shadow of Colossus, Rayman 2, and of course the fact that it was a DVD player and a PS1 as well. What a system!

Unfortunately, the types of games that I liked on the system (kiddie, cartoony, fun) were abandoned the next generation so I've never wanted to go back to the Sony brand. I was never that into games like God of War or Grand Theft Auto or many sports games, so many of the most played game on the system were basically ignored by me.

Thankfully, Nintendo got its groove back with the Gamecube and the rest is history!

Gonna go with the PS4, because it's probably about 80% or so of my PlayStation experience. I got a PS3 in late 2021, but more for smaller games. Most major PS3 games I would want to play have PS4 ports or remasters.

I have a lot of fondness for the PS2, but my immediate family never had one. I mostly played it at my grandparent's house, or other family/friend's houses. I've played a small handful of PS1 games, but I don't think I ever played on the console itself.

I have no experience yet with the PS5 in any shape or form, so it obviously doesn't rank anywhere for me.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

hinch said:

Surprised so many people are voting for PS5. Granted the console has been out for just 1.5 years.. and from current releases. There's hardly any big hitters, especially when compared to older PS consoles..

what's so shocking? It's following up Sony's 2nd best selling console (the PS4) with a console that not only does everything the Ps4 does but also does it better and does more. it's early in its own life cycle, but just like the PS2, the Ps5's library can play virtually everything from the prior generation. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Mandalore76 said:

Kakadu18 said:

Halo

Also:

Jade Empire
Fable
Shenmue II
Elder Scrolls III

Also:

Shenmue
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Set Radio

EDIT: Dammit, Nintendo was mentioned.

Half Life 2 didn't appear on PS2 nor Gamecube it was Xbox Original exclusive also 

Project Gotham Racing (microsoft IP)

Gunvalkyrie Burning rangers cousin stuck on Xbox forever

Panzer Dragoon Orta 

Crazy Taxi 3

TOe jam and Earl 3

Spikeout

Dinosaur Hunting (stuck on Xbox forever japanese exclusive)

Tengai Makyou Ziria (stuck on Xbox forever Japanese)

Phantom Dust (Microsoft IP)

Forza 1 (Microsoft IP)

Crimson Skies (Microsoft)

Wakeblood(Microsoft)

Doom 3

Midtown Madness 3(Microsoft)

N.U.D.E. (Microsoft IP)

Magatama (Microsoft IP)

Raw 1 Wrestling game

Kung Fu chaos (Microsoft IP)

Dead or Alive 3

Blinx the time sweeper (Microsoft IP)

Conker Live and Reloaded (Microsoft IP)

GT 2002 stuck on Xbox forever

Xyanide (shmup) xbox exclusive forever

Quantum red shift (Microsoft)

Rallisport challenge (Microsoft) amazing offroad racing game

Touge R Stuck on Xbox forever

Shin megami Tensei nine (Xbox Exclusive forever) 

I'm getting tired I wont add anymore the list is way too big etc

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

As for my favorite even though what happen in 6th generation was scary for other console fans, PS2 is the best It's library was legendary moreso than PS1. and PS3 even though on PS3 I like Aquapazza and Valkyrie Chronicles 1 stuck on PS3 forever. and large list of games on PS3 I like.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Surprised so many people are voting for PS5. Granted the console has been out for just 1.5 years.. and from current releases. There's hardly any big hitters, especially when compared to older PS consoles..

what's so shocking? It's following up Sony's 2nd best selling console (the PS4) with a console that not only does everything the Ps4 does but also does it better and does more. it's early in its own life cycle, but just like the PS2, the Ps5's library can play virtually everything from the prior generation. 

If we look outside backwards compat.. The PS5 has mostly the same games as PS4, only for the latter there's a more titles and higher quality ones at that. Which should be the case as its been out for a lot longer. And we have yet to see big games on Sony on the PS5 (apart maybe a select few from Guerilla games, and Insomniac). Thus far we have maybe a few big releases like Spiderman: Miles Morales which is a smaller expansion type game, Returnal, R&C and Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 and bunch of remakes/remasters and up-ports from last/current gen.

And yet the PS4 isn't even on most peoples radar when they think of their best Sony console. Granted everyone has different expectations and enjoyment of said consoles.. I just don't see what the PS5 offers outside some better QoL, performance and graphics and a few select games so far. But to be fair people's experiences with next gen consoles could make it their go-to and fave one.

Not knocking it, I like the PS5 and enjoy playing on it. Its just the games aren't quite there for me yet. Ofc its understandable since the pandemic really threw a spanner in the works for Sony and the games industry but the games barely feel like they've barely moved. And since.. it feels like a PS4.5 for me so far. The one lasting game that left an impression on me was Elden Ring.. and that's a third party game that can be played basically on any current gaming platform/s; well, apart from the Switch.

Ofc its still early in the generation.. Maybe once we get a fully fledged new Final Fantasy, God of War, Suckerpunches and exclusive ND game that might change my look in it lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 10 May 2022

SegaHeart said:

As for my favorite even though what happen in 6th generation was scary for other console fans, PS2 is the best It's library was legendary moreso than PS1. and PS3 even though on PS3 I like Aquapazza and Valkyrie Chronicles 1 stuck on PS3 forever. and large list of games on PS3 I like.

Valkyria Chronicles 1 is on PS4 and Switch. It even has a 60FPS upgrade from the PS3 version on PS4.

Mandalore76 said:
Chrkeller said:

ps2 and it isn't even close. There wasn't a game the ps2 didn't have with the exception of Nintendo. The ps2 had everything.

Kakadu18 said:

Halo

Also:

Jade Empire
Fable
Shenmue II
Elder Scrolls III

Leaving out the best ones.

Otogi 1-2

Panzer Dragoon Orta