By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worthy Wii U/3DS eShop games to purchase before shut down

GoOnKid said:
theRepublic said:

Yeah, I am in North America.

Well, I already own most of the Capcom offerings that I am interested in anyway, so it's not a big of a deal for me. However, I think I'll still buy Bionic Commando (Game Boy), even without a discount. Which games are you interested in?

I ended up grabbing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U.  It was down to 8 dollars.  I had already bought Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles on a previous sale.  I almost went for DuckTales: Remastered, but decided against it.  I already own a physical copy of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, so I skipped that.  Wasn't really interested in anything else.

The Capcom sale on Wii U and 3DS ehops ends today for anyone still interested.

Last edited by theRepublic - on 01 February 2023

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Earthbound
Earthbound Beginnings
NES Remix 1+2

Dand said:

Anyone has something to say about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse ?
It looks to be a unique game and the reviews and opinions looks to be mixed about it.

I was a big fan of the DS game, but this disappointed me.

Because you need to be looking at the screen, it's basically gamepad only. I just don't remember being in love with the level design, and there were a lot of transformations that weren't super intuitive. Great visuals, but hard to appreciate on the gamepad.

I feel like this needs another bump since we are getting very close to the end of the eshop.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Yoshi Wooly World on Wii U, very fun and visually appealing.

Around the Network

Surprised to see others mention Pushmo.

Pushmo (3ds)
Crashmo (3ds)
Pushmo (world, wii U)
Stretchmo (3ds)

Yep afaik, are only avaliable on 3ds/WiiU.
Their fun little puzzle games.

Hmmm, well fan backlash got the PS3 store closure reversed in 2021, would have hoped there would be some people pushing against this as these consoles are newer but guess there isn't as many people who care about it.

Luckily with emulation and cfw none of the games on these stores will be lost forever.

The WiiU-eshop offers a few Wii-titles digitally, so this is the last chance to get Pandora's Tower, a game that probably never get's released anywhere else and is great but was killed by Reggie who did not release it in the US albeit it already had an english localisation from EU-release.

The game has such beautiful bosses, that you have to kill, to prevent your love turning into a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-_-FDR8ZU

On the 3DS I can recommend to check out the ArtStyle games on DSiWare, they are great little puzzles, I personally like Code and Aquite, so if you like puzzlers you might check it out.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 18 March 2023

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I figured I'll post the 3DS deals link for NA so everyone can look at these deals and list my recommendations. More games may go on sale, so look everyday. 

3DS Sales NA

Games I would recommend getting that are on sale (as of the time of typing this):

All Capcom games. $3 each for all Ace Attorney games, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Mega Man Legacy Collection (1-6) is good too. If you decide to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and/or Generations make sure to download the save transfer app. You can easily find it by looking up the game name. The 3 Ultimate transfer app lets you transfer your save to the Wii U version (and vice versa). The Wii U version has the transfer built in the game, so no app required for that. The Generations transfer app lets you transfer your save to Generations Ultimate on Switch (you cannot transfer your save back).

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse ($10), Shovel Knight ($4.50), Steamworld Dig ($2), Steamworld Heist ($3), Steamworld Dig 2 ($4), and Runbow Pocket (New 3DS/2DS only $3).

Games/DLC I would recommend getting that's not on sale:

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation DLC ($20), if you know you know why. The 3D Classics (prices varies). Dementium Remastered ($15), this was on the DS (it's expensive on Ebay) and was originally a pitch to be a Silent Hill game. Virtual Console (Obviously just look and see what you want). Super Smash Bros 3DS DLC. The Binding of Isaac (New 3DS/2DS only $15).

I bought my last 3DS game - Dragon Quest VIII

I'll be playing it once I'm done with my current 3DS game.