By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worthy Wii U/3DS eShop games to purchase before shut down

I've been playing monster hunter stories 2 on switch

Anyone who had the first game on 3ds, is it just as good as 2?

Would love to see a MHS3 one day, with a multi-plat release and crossplay

Around the Network

The 3D Sega Remasters on 3DS are a can't miss experience for 3DS fans.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Digital Foundry had a good brief list on what is worth picking up. It specifically covers games not on other systems so will become unavailable once the strores shut-down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpLKWhImcYk&t=686s

Fast Racing Neo is great for WiiU but they did a retail release later so not digital exclusive.

If you don’t have Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U. The only way you’re going to be able to get it afterwards is by buying a physical copy for 100 USD—a price that will go up.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Went on a spending spree... Bought a crap ton of Virtual Console games, Pokemon games, 3D classics and more for the 3DS.
I am okay if they close the store now, the rest I will backfill with physical copies.

Not sure what I should grab for the WiiU though, I have pretty much every game worth mentioning as a physical copy.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I booted up my 3ds bc I wanted to buy Pokémon yellow but for some reason my NNID has been logged out and it won’t log back in. I used the same credentials that’s my switch account but it still won’t log in. Kinda strange.

These games had severely limited physical releases. Like two copies per store on release date and that was it. Starting with Etrian Odyssey 3 on the DS Atlus really limited the physical releases on this series. That's why EO3 is a $190 game today. All of these games are bound to go to the moon in price in a few months thanks to the eShop closure.

Etrian Odyssey Untold
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Etrian Odyssey 4
Etrian Odyssey 5
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Was Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse already removed in some regions? I can't seem to find it.

Also, how worthwhile are the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates DLC packs?

This is the last day for the eshop. Get your last purchases in now.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)