By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worthy Wii U/3DS eShop games to purchase before shut down

The Sega classic games with the parallax in 3D are some of the most interesting and enjoyable graphics I’ve ever seen in a game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Also, on the 3DS if you are into Pokémon, there's the VC GBC games (Red/Blue/Yellow; Gold, Silver, Crystal). Not only it's the only place they can be legally purchased, but they are compatible with Pokémon Bank, making them the only way to transfer 8bit Pokémon to modern games. 

That was my pick. I took the opportunity to complete my VC Pokemon collection whilst I still could. Also I got the Pokemon TCG which is also on VC.

Something else to note is the VC version of Crystal allows you to get the GS Ball and Celebi, which was never available in the original release outside of Japan. This is something I wish they did more of in the remakes (like the unused locations for the mythical Pokemon in Diamond & Pearl).

Tagging this! I definitely want to snatch up some titles that are unavailable (or prohibitively expensive) elsewhere.

+1 to Ogre Battle 64.

Harmonight is a fun little rhythm game.

Super Mario Bros Advance 3 (Super Mario Bros 3) on the e-shop is worth a purchase, because it's the only way you'll be able to play the e-reader exclusive levels.

The Letter. Buy it for the sheer disappointment and horror of knowing it’s stuck in your library.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Is it worth it to buy Shin Megami Tensei IV or should I just buy IV Apocalypse?

Some of the stuff in Apocalypse might pass you by if you haven't played IV. Furthermore, I think IV has a genuinely good narrative, it's totally worth it. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

snyps said:

The Letter. Buy it for the sheer disappointment and horror of knowing it’s stuck in your library.

Oh, shiiiiit. Glad someone remembers this classic. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Kakadu18 said:

Is it worth it to buy Shin Megami Tensei IV or should I just buy IV Apocalypse?

Some of the stuff in Apocalypse might pass you by if you haven't played IV. Furthermore, I think IV has a genuinely good narrative, it's totally worth it. 

So Apocalypse is not just an upgraded version of IV with more content but a sequel?

snyps said:

I'm simply upvoting your post because it made me laugh :D

Ogre Battle and "Fire Emblem" (Blazing Sword) are good catalogue games on Wii U.

On 3DS, seriously, the Sega 3D classic remasters are probably the most satisfying 3D games in the library because of the beautiful 3D parallax graphics. Really, some of the most beautiful games in general.

Unfortunately, Square never got on board. We never got to see a proper Chrono Trigger 3DS remaster, it would have been beautiful... Or FF6. FF6 with the characters pealing up from the map like Fire Emblem Awakening would be quite a sight to see.