By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can/Will Xbox Series outsell the Xbox 360 and becomes the best-selling Xbox?

Will Xbox Series become the best-selling Xbox to date?

Yes 19 29.69%

Maybe 23 35.94%

No 22 34.38%

Total:64

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that the OP used a pic of a dusty Xbox 360? (The ugly E model to boot.)

Anyway, Series X|S is certainly capable of outselling the 360 but it is hard to say with any degree of certainty whether it WILL or not. I'll just go out on a limb and say it will outsell the 360.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that the OP used a pic of a dusty Xbox 360? (The ugly E model to boot.)

Anyway, Series X|S is certainly capable of outselling the 360 but it is hard to say with any degree of certainty whether it WILL or not. I'll just go out on a limb and say it will outsell the 360.

See my previous posts lol

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

S model was had the best design and didn't look like the XBO which looked like a VCR. Not to mention the ugly E model in the pic looks grimy.

Best design for who ? The original FAT one is my favorite (in black), everyone has different tastes.

For the E model I agree.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 15 January 2022

yo33331 said:
Leynos said:

S model was had the best design and didn't look like the XBO which looked like a VCR. Not to mention the ugly E model in the pic looks grimy.

Best design for who ? The original FAT one is my favorite (in black), everyone has different tastes.

For the E model I agree.

S model didn't burn itself down.

Leynos said:

You are wrong.

It didn't burn itself down in the first 2-3 years of it's life.

However if you go now and look at reddit, ebay, youtube, and many more places there are many more units of S consoles with Red dot of death, than FAT consoles (jasper motherboards) with RROD. In fact there is pretty much no jasper consoles overheated, but there is many S consoles died already.

If you compare it to the earlier FAT consoles, then yes, I agree, they are much better than 2005-2007 units. Maybe as good as 2008 units. However 2009 and 2010 units of the FAT consoles - Jaspers, are the best and the most reliable ones. They live for 10 even 15 years, but there are many S consoles which are dying after 5-6-7-8 years of use with Red dot of death.

But still .. this was not the point. We were talking purely about the design itself. Many people like the FAT one the most. So for some the S is the prettier for other the FAT one is the prettier.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 15 January 2022

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
Leynos said:

You are wrong.

It didn't burn itself down in the first 2-3 years of it's life.

However if you go now and look at reddit, ebay, youtube, and many more places there are many more units of S consoles with Red dot of death, than FAT consoles (jasper motherboards) with RROD. In fact there is pretty much no jasper consoles overheated, but there is many S consoles died already.

If you compare it to the earlier FAT consoles, then yes, I agree, they are much better than 2005-2007 units. Maybe as good as 2008 units. However 2009 and 2010 units of the FAT consoles - Jaspers, are the best and the most reliable ones. They live for 10 even 15 years, but there are many S consoles which are dying after 5-6-7-8 years of use with Red dot of death.

All Xbox consoles were not designed to really stand vertical yet many people did, that was a fault of all models. Mine lays horizontal. had it for a decade. Not a single issue. S model had the lowest failure rate of the first two models and S model had a pretty small fail rate.Sadly MS did not fix the disc issue if the console got moved. The S model used a different MB and cooler CPU and GPU.  I don't trust the E model as it was made to cut costs everhwhere they could. I doubt they spent much time on QC.

Leynos said:

All Xbox consoles were not designed to really stand vertical yet many people did, that was a fault of all models. Mine lays horizontal. had it for a decade. Not a single issue. S model had the lowest failure rate of the first two models and S model had a pretty small fail rate.Sadly MS did not fix the disc issue if the console got moved. The S model used a different MB and cooler CPU and GPU.  I don't trust the E model as it was made to cut costs everhwhere they could. I doubt they spent much time on QC.

Yes, on theory it should be better. However on practice the facts are facts. Vertical or horizontal, everywhere around the web you can find many S consoles overheated after some years of use, and pretty much no Jasper FAT consoles with RROD. They are the most reliable ones. And it's not only me saying it.

In reddit there was a thread where some profesional technician that have been worked in repair center wrote it. In youtube one channel Mr.Mario 2011, as well as some others also are making videos and talking about it, with many examples, and years of experience behind them.

Only if it ends up having a longer lifespan than normal.
I highly doubt it could do it within a regular 7 year period, the 360 had weaker competition (in the PS3) at first and only got replaced after 8 years.

Edit: Still stand by this, don't think the acquisition will change as much as people think.

Last edited by UnderwaterFunktown - on 18 January 2022

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2022 predictions:

• Switch - 24m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

I don't think so.

Is the new picture better?

I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.