By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official GOTY Awards 2021 - Results Thread

The most one-sided award of the year - Best Racing Game of 2021

In fact I think this set a new record for the site from the community side. The previous most one-sided community poll result was, to the best of my knowledge, 2017's Best Platformer (Super Mario Odyssey was 67.3% ahead of its nearest rival there). The gap between the winner and runner-up of this year's Best Racing Game was 69.2%!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Kakadu18 said:

I honestly thought this would have been the most lopsided category.

Truth be told, All-Star Brawl was probably the only '21 fighting game many people played.  It was hitting huge numbers on Twitch around its release.

It was, and then the numbers dropped like a brick when people realized the game's crap.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
coolbeans said:

Truth be told, All-Star Brawl was probably the only '21 fighting game many people played.  It was hitting huge numbers on Twitch around its release.

It was, and then the numbers dropped like a brick when people realized the game's crap.

But then Garfield arrived and everything was better. :D

Good year. I loved Ratchet, Dread, Deathloop, Psycho and Demon. Deathloop in particular hasn't gotten enough attention, it was something else.

Next article - Best Action Game of 2021

I was a little surprised the winner here performed better in this genre than its other genre, but I suppose the competition wasn't quite as high in this category.

It wasn't completely one-sided though - in the end the gap between first and second was just over 12%.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Next article - Best Action Game of 2021

I was a little surprised the winner here performed better in this genre than its other genre, but I suppose the competition wasn't quite as high in this category.

It wasn't completely one-sided though - in the end the gap between first and second was just over 12%.

Two high profile game leaving no room for an indie like Death's Door. It is a good problem to have too many good games

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Best Party Game of 2021 is one of this year's new categories. 

Crab Game was very popular on Twitch, piggybacking off the success of the TV show Squid Game, but that translated into a pitiful 0.3% of the vote here xD

The staff and community voting shares for the winner of this category were almost identical - 58.06% and 58.60%, respectively.

Mario party was the pretty clear favorite in that one imo. Can't say there is many surprises so far. All of the games that have won so far are very deserving of there titles. Well I can't really speak for the fighting game that won, never seen anything about it, kind of a weak year for the fight genre.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Best RPG of 2021 is next. 

The top three were all incredibly close here - 1st achieved 15.76%, 2nd place got 15.28%, and 3rd wasn't far behind on 14.11%.

Surprisingly it's not the closest result this year; that one is still to come.

Capcom: Rise

Bandai: "Pfft, I can beat that"

Bandai: ARise

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2022 predictions:

• Switch - 24m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m