By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V sells over 800k

curl-6 said:

I saw a lot of dooming regarding this game's sales on the internet, with plenty quick to label it as either underperforming or even a flop, (no doubt many of whom were doing so with ulterior motives) so it's gratifying to see that nonsense put to bed.

If it doesn't sell like Persona 5, then it's a flop. #Facts

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
BasilZero said:

Time to remake Persona Q. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2 #FE

I want a Fire Emblem style game in an SMT setting.

curl-6 said:
KrspaceT said:

What ulterior motive would they have? DOOM NINTENDO DOOM or people who really don't like hearing about Persona 5 going to Switch? Can't think of a third reason....

Pushing the "third parties don't sell on Switch" narrative.

That...is still a thing? I mean you think Monster Hunter Rise would have...put that to bed. Like, how do people look at that thing and still do that? I mean...what is even the metric for that these days? 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Shaunodon said:
Leynos said:

I want a Fire Emblem style game in an SMT setting.

The day TMS was announced... Almost died of laughter seeing how pissed everyone was. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I like TMS more than Persona 5 lol. I like P5 a lot but enjoyed TMS more. Better Battle system.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I encourage all Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon and Mario fans to buy and support this game. This game must have higher sales. It is one of the biggest Nintendo Switch titles in 2021, same as Monster Hunter Rise and Metroid Dread (actually do not count Pokémon Remake as a Big one)

I was wondering why Atlus hadn't said anything so far. I bet they wanted to anounce 1m but in the end couldn't.
This is less than P5, P5S or even P5R. The obvious conclusion is that SMT needs to open itself to more platforms if Atlus wants to maximize the returns.

ryuzaki57 said:

I was wondering why Atlus hadn't said anything so far. I bet they wanted to anounce 1m but in the end couldn't.
This is less than P5, P5S or even P5R. The obvious conclusion is that SMT needs to open itself to more platforms if Atlus wants to maximize the returns.

Isn't that what Nocturne did and still sold much less than SMTV.

ryuzaki57 said:

https://mynintendonews.com/2022/01/02/sega-says-they-are-satisfied-with-shin-megami-tensei-v-sales/

...Sega's spoken up about it, so that's kind of like saying 'Oh, Pokemon was only talked about by Nintendo and not GF, so the game must not have sold as well as they hoped'. 

...Okay, very bad example, but you get what I mean

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

ryuzaki57 said:

I was wondering why you hadn't show up so far. Japan is not a fun topic these days I imagine. Having said that, SMTV is going to reach a million guaranteed. That is good for SMT as a franchise. To compare it to Persona is a bit weird though, SMT has been a niche franchise due to it being a dungeon crawler (and rather difficult at that) instead of a more traditional turn based rpg as Persona has been known for. The accessible nature of Persona should allow it of course to be more popular, in fact, it's a no brainer for Persona to open itself to more platforms so that Atlus could maximize potential.