By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V sells over 800k

This is a reply to above^ forgot to hit quote.

I think it will. Positive word of mouth, plus increased knowledge of the series in general will help, “Switch affect” is definitely helping, and if it comes out on PS4/Steam like it’s been rumored, it might even hit 3m. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

bought it at launch. can't wait to try it out. It'll be my second in the series (4: Apocalypse was my first)! Hope to see it hit 1 million.

1doesnotsimply

How much sold Persona 5 in PS4?

Damn fine result for a niche JRPG, Switch once again proving itself fertile ground for games of all kinds.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 January 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

DavidValbu said:

How much sold Persona 5 in PS4?

3.2mil and Persona 5 Royal sold 1.8mil, SMTV is not going to sell that much.

Around the Network

Congrats to Shin Megami Tensei V! I got the game earlier today. Will play it very soon!

https://mynintendonews.com/2022/01/02/sega-says-they-are-satisfied-with-shin-megami-tensei-v-sales/

For those who wonder. No 'SOLD BELOW EXPECTATIONS' it would seem.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Amazing game. My fave Atlus RPG, next to Nocturne and TMS/P4G and P5R.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Kneetos said:
BasilZero said:

Well deserved.

Hopefully we get a new spinoff or a remaster of a older game.

I hear we are getting a remaster of persona 3 P/fez or persona 4 for ps4/switch

I never got around to playing either of them so I hope it's true

Atlus keeps teasing the Switch with side games like P5 Strikers and P4 Arena Ultimax. Sooner or later it's going to run out of spinoffs to the spinoff and have to port an actual mainline game from the spinoff.

I saw a lot of dooming regarding this game's sales on the internet, with plenty quick to label it as either underperforming or even a flop, (no doubt many of whom were doing so with ulterior motives) so it's gratifying to see that nonsense put to bed.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)