By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V sells over 800k

burninmylight said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

That's what I was thinking, weird take. If you are interested in the game, then buy it (I have the game). But why any Nintendo fan should support this? Just because it's a big third party release? 

We've now seen two different flavors of "Third parties on Nintendo consoles are doomed" within this thread. First, there was the one that made it sound like SMT5 is a failure for not selling like Persona, even though the former is already the best selling game in the series after only a month and a half. Then there's the people who think Nintendo fans owe it to third party publishers to rush out and buy their games for having the graciousness and mercy to dare put games on a Nintendo console, even if they might not actually enjoy the games.

SMTV is more like Pokemon but there is quality.

There is no hay Pokemon Remake is selling millions while SMTV have only sold 800k. The potencial user for SMTV is pecisely there, on Nintendo Switch. But some Nintendo fans only buy made on Nintendo Games without considering other huge third parte titles like this one.

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Amazing, congrats to Atlus, 1 million is certainly possible

Not just possible, it's basically guaranteed.

DavidValbu said:
burninmylight said:

We've now seen two different flavors of "Third parties on Nintendo consoles are doomed" within this thread. First, there was the one that made it sound like SMT5 is a failure for not selling like Persona, even though the former is already the best selling game in the series after only a month and a half. Then there's the people who think Nintendo fans owe it to third party publishers to rush out and buy their games for having the graciousness and mercy to dare put games on a Nintendo console, even if they might not actually enjoy the games.

SMTV is more like Pokemon but there is quality.

There is no hay Pokemon Remake is selling millions while SMTV have only sold 800k. The potencial user for SMTV is pecisely there, on Nintendo Switch. But some Nintendo fans only buy made on Nintendo Games without considering other huge third parte titles like this one.

Pokemon has a few things that SMT doesn't, and one of the advantages at min is shared by Persona. Characters can propel a series forward and...well does SMT have a Cynthia? Or perhaps a Futaba? It's also a power of momentum that, once you have, is very hard to shake off. Pokemon has a momentum that SMT doesn't. 

Though given that the Pokemon fanbase is....compicated at the moment it probably choose the right moment to come out

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

SMT has Mara. Pokemon has nothing that can compare to being as awesome as Mara.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Mara is the most ridiculous looking thing I've seen in quite some time.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Leynos said:

Mara is the most ridiculous looking thing I've seen in quite some time.

Why he's awesome...that and always a good party member.  I kinda look at as, imagine you could have Malbaro in your party in FF. He fucks shit up well!

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

Why he's awesome...that and always a good party member.  I kinda look at as, imagine you could have Malbaro in your party in FF. He fucks shit up well!

She*

(Dont mind the dust - I need to clean it off my screen protector lol)

So the biggest dick in the world is a female. Lmao

Still can't believe they got away with that, a demon that is literally a giant, graphic, veiny penis lmao

I already have the game and 4 hours on It. Great game. I have to go to tokyo's tower but It seems a hard Monster is there waiting for me

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

She*

(Dont mind the dust - I need to clean it off my screen protector lol)

He.

Mara is only referred to as Female in Strange Journey from the ATLUS USA translation. So they fucked up

https://eirikrjs.tumblr.com/post/148319165217/why-is-mara-female-in-strange-journey

Mara is a HE and a KING

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Mara#Profile

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 January 2022