Pokémon Legends - 80

Triangle Strategy - 81

Bayonetta 3 - 85

Kirby & The Forgotten Land - 86

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 80

Splatoon 3 - 83

BotW2 - 100

For real?

I'm going to invest all the hype I haven't spent on all the games that have interested in the last few years in BotW2. If it gets less than 99, I'm going to be very, very, very upset. 

But, for real, might as well throw a crazy prediction, and what's also crazy is that BotW2 also has chance of, albeit incredibly miniscule, of hitting that 100. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Pokemon Legends - 80

I for some reason have a real bad feeling about this game, it could surprise me, but from what I'm seeing from it right now, the gameplay loop is not looking very good so far. I hope I'm wrong

Triangle Strategy - 81

Looks great graphically and from what I have seen should be a pretty decent game. Especially after they got all the feedback from the demo

Bayonetta 3 - 85

I do believe this will get hit by many publication for the graphics, hopefully a bit of a troubled development cycle does not negatively affect the game.

Kirby & The Forgotten Land - 86

I have a feeling this game will be getting a whole lot of 8-9 scores. graphically it looks great, conceptually it looks amazing. It should be such a refreshing breathe of fresh air for the whole series. What I have a feeling will bring some scores down is that I think difficulty (being easy) will be an issue and possibly it being linear levels and not a Mario Odyssey type game.

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 83

The first game got a 85 and honestly that game was good but not a 85 imo. From what we have seen so far from this game is addressing a lot of the issues that I had from the first game (exploring being a bit bland). But seem to be replacing the battle areas with encounter based battle system. I have a feeling that this system might bring down the review scores, so I might be a bit generous with my current score. Will need to be something to watch.

Splatoon 3 - 84

So far I'm not that impressed with Splatoon 3. Its already showing recycled content (at least the battle stages). So there is still a lot more I need to see from this game. If they reuse a ton of content like they did with 2, I do not think this will review very well. We need all new Ranked Modes. Salmon run needs to be expanded, single player needs to be new and ambitious. Not the safe stuff they have been doing. We also need a mode that is just completely new. Also, please get rid of ranked mode rotation and map rotation. This might be a score that I need to adjust after we see more.

BOTW2 - 95

I think we all know it is going to be amazing, its really just narrowing down on a score between 95-97. For now I shall go with only 95

Those are my current predictions. I might have to make some adjustments to this stuff once we learn more about these games. But might I just say, WOW! 2022 is going to be a amazing year to play video games on Switch. And just think, Nintendo still has more games to announce for launch in 2022. I can't wait, there are so many games coming next year that I desperately want to play!

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Advance Wars 1 & 2 - 77
Pokemon Legends Arceus - 86
Triangle Strategy - 83
Bayonetta 3 - 90
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 84
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 85
Splatoon 3 - 86
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel - 96

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

Advance Wars: 82
Pokemon Legends Arceus: 83
Triangle Strategy: 86
Bayonetta 3: 90
Kirby and the Forgotten Land: 80
Mario+Rabbids: Spark of Hope 86
Splatoon 3: 82
BOTW 2: 95

BOTW2 : 99
Bayonetta 3:93
Splatoon 3:84
Pokemon:87
Triangle Stradegy:86
Advance Wars:84
Kirby : 88
Mario + Rabbits:89

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Pokemon Legends Arceus - 79
The trailers looked like the game needed much more time in the oven, time they don't really have anymore, and GameFreak is not the best optimizing and in 3D design in general. Still, it's Pokemon, so people are still going to give it a pass. The user score and the critic's score will be polar opposites.

Triangle Strategy - 83
Graphically stellar, but I wasn't that convinced by the story of Bravely Default. I imagine it will be more or less similar in that regard.
Bayonetta 3 - 84

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 86
I have no idea what to expect from 3D Kirby, the last one was the N64 one, and that was more of a 2.5D more than true 3D...

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 83
I haven't played Mario+Rabbids, I really need to check it out.

Splatoon 3 - 83
Another Splatoon. I was really expecting the Splatoon series to be one game per console, something like Mario Kart, but here it is... They probably won't add that much to it.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel - 95
As good as BotW2 is going to be, the initial shock of BotW1 is gone, so it won't live up to the original. It's still going to be fantastic, though...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pokémon Legends Arceus - 71
Triangle Strategy - 83
Bayonetta 3 - 88
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 82
Splatoon 3 - 84
Breath of the Wild sequel - 94

And I change my Advance Wars prediction to 80.

Last edited by mZuzek - on 30 December 2021

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 80
Pokemon Legends Arceus - 84
Bayonetta 3 - 87
Triangle Strategy - 80
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 84
Splatoon 3 - 83
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 - 91

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Pokemon Legends Arceus: 72
Triangle Strategy: 90
Bayonetta 3: 87
Kirby and the Forgotten Land: 88
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope: 89
Splatoon 3: 87
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: 93

NobleTeam360 said:

Advance Wars: 82
Pokemon Legends Arceus: 83
Triangle Strategy: 86
Bayonetta 3: 90
Kirby and the Forgotten Land: 80
Mario+Rabbids: Spark of Hope 86
Splatoon 3: 82
BOTW 2: 95

I'll up my prediction for Kirby up to an 84.