By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - If you like the matrix original movies... Pls DONT watch ressurections!!!

On second thought, maybe I'll take the red pill instead (and re-watch Resurrections).

Oh the irony.

Around the Network

I remember how much hype The Phantom Menace had for 1999 (more hype than any movie ever I think) and how the Matrix just kinda showed up to its party said "fuck you, I'm going to do everything you've been hyped to do", lol.

Yeah, it was always going to be very likely that any attempts at reheating the franchise would be doomed to fail. This is true with any franchise, to be fair. And now, having watched many reviews on Youtube, it seems pretty clear that this was a dud. Shocking.

Ha, nowadays it's the idea that counts, not the execution ;) Fits perfect for the state modern gaming is in.

It is not as bad as Revolutions.

Around the Network
  1. If there is a problem with anything done on (or to) VGChartz, we can have someone look at it. Some critiquing is okay (such as suggestions for site databases/fixes), but that's the extent of it. 

Do not post about moderator decisions on the forum, articles or on walls

. Instead, PM a moderator if you have any feedback. No bullying or continuous badgering will be allowed. This includes PMs, thread posts, wall posts, and any other Staff related conversation. A Head Moderator or Site Administrator can act against you should this be ignored or violated.
Last edited by Hiku - on 27 December 2021

I have heard good things about it.

zero129 said:
EricHiggin said:

No point. There's too much blatant reality in the film. 'Red pilled' reality. That comes from the 'wrong' side and is 'all hateful' or 'false'.

That's not allowed so deep discussion about the movie is basically impossible. It will trigger some people on a nuclear level. 

That's the depth and level of this film.

Too late, already made a thread here https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/245626/matrix-resurrections-spoiler-thread-dop-not-enter-if-you-didnt-watch/

Took the red pill now i cant turn back xD

I sure hope you're the One. Might need to resurrect yourself in there. lol.

*Reposting from earlier, with a removal edit to what was seen as overly controversial.

The Matrix, especially Resurrections, is really about elite (in whatever form) control over the people. Trying to turn as many people into 'sheeple' as possible while keeping them 'asleep'.

The Wachowski's and Reeves have said the OG trilogy was about the upcoming decades, as in up until now, and Resurrections and beyond is about the coming decades. Upcoming decades of our reality, and nothing to do with the Matrix.

The masses are slowly starting to wake up. The first credits song of OG Matrix isn't a coincidence. Neither is the first credits song of Resurrections.

I would only say Resurrections is bad, if looking at it from the perspective of the Matrix universe itself. If you look at it from real life and the deeper messaging in the films, then it's actually pretty decent.

*Without going too far and spoiling, but to make it clear, I used the term "sheeple" out of direct reference to the movie and it's meaning within the film.

zero129 said:
EricHiggin said:

I sure hope you're the One. Might need to resurrect yourself in there. lol.

Thanks for making me need to clean up my screen xD

Nope. You're definitely Cypher. So you're screwed.