By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - If you like the matrix original movies... Pls DONT watch ressurections!!!

Jumpin said:
victor83fernandes said:

Star wars original trilogy was perfect. Brilliant cinema.

The trilogy from the 90s was cringe, boring, horrible CGI, special effects worse than the ones in the 80's. The recent star wars films were nothing other than cash grabs, horrible actors that overact, and lost all star wars magic. and had cringe humour targeted to kids.

With that said I actually enjoyed Rogue One for some reason, maybe the actors were better, cinematography was better, it would still not make it to my top 500 movies of all time.

The later Star Wars films all had better actors than the older ones, and Rogue One does have more scenes that benefitted from the acting. I think I had Rogue One as my second favourite film of that year.

I think what made Rogue One better was the gritty organic feeling, it felt much less like a children's film. The world felt more alive than any of the other films in the series. The prequels suffered (for me, at least) because they did nothing really out of the ordinary - they felt like every other Jon Woo/Michael Bay style blockbuster. The dialogue was (as the kids say) "cringe" as fuck - pukingly melodramatic; it didn't even bother me that much before until people started memeing lines and posting them unironically (over and over and over again). They had good scenes in them, though. I thought the Emperor/Palpatine killed it in nearly every scene he acted in.

Of all the prequels and sequels, Rogue One did more to enhance the original 1977 Star Wars film than any of them. That's not even one of the reasons I loved it, just something I appreciate about it. The biggest part for me in regards to that wasn't even sealing the plot hole in a very satisfying way, but that it made me actually care about the Rebels. For me, feeling carried over to the original Star Wars film.

Rogue one second best of 2016? It was a good movie but not that good, 2016 had doctor strange, The jungle book, Deadpool, Arrival, Moana, Don't breathe and more.

I still think the actors from the original trilogy did a better job back then. Some of the new star wars have better actors like in Rogue one, but definitely not the 90s ones, and 7, 8, 9. Especially the 90's movies the actors feel like they didn't belong in this universe. Casting was wrong.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
Jumpin said:

The later Star Wars films all had better actors than the older ones, and Rogue One does have more scenes that benefitted from the acting. I think I had Rogue One as my second favourite film of that year.

I think what made Rogue One better was the gritty organic feeling, it felt much less like a children's film. The world felt more alive than any of the other films in the series. The prequels suffered (for me, at least) because they did nothing really out of the ordinary - they felt like every other Jon Woo/Michael Bay style blockbuster. The dialogue was (as the kids say) "cringe" as fuck - pukingly melodramatic; it didn't even bother me that much before until people started memeing lines and posting them unironically (over and over and over again). They had good scenes in them, though. I thought the Emperor/Palpatine killed it in nearly every scene he acted in.

Of all the prequels and sequels, Rogue One did more to enhance the original 1977 Star Wars film than any of them. That's not even one of the reasons I loved it, just something I appreciate about it. The biggest part for me in regards to that wasn't even sealing the plot hole in a very satisfying way, but that it made me actually care about the Rebels. For me, feeling carried over to the original Star Wars film.

Rogue one second best of 2016? It was a good movie but not that good, 2016 had doctor strange, The jungle book, Deadpool, Arrival, Moana, Don't breathe and more.

I still think the actors from the original trilogy did a better job back then. Some of the new star wars have better actors like in Rogue one, but definitely not the 90s ones, and 7, 8, 9. Especially the 90's movies the actors feel like they didn't belong in this universe. Casting was wrong.

I liked Rogue One a lot more than all the films you listed, except Deadpool. So, whether the others are supposed to be better or not doesn’t matter to me. I like what I like. And it would be boring if we all agreed anyway, all film discussion would be a circle jerk on the bandwagon.

I wasn’t a fan of Empire Strikes Back, but at least I can get why people liked it. It’s the Return of the Jedi fans I don’t get, as it’s the first film all over again, except a lot more cartoony and without the crisp pacing.

Empire Strikes Back is different from the first in virtually every way (aside from the detail elements like beam swords and Skywalkers), but I think I would have liked it had I enjoyed one of two things. First, the expansive merchandising (or world building, if you prefer) done in it. Second is the ending—but, somehow “No, I am your father!” or as Star Wars fans like to pretend everyone remembers it as “Luke, I am your father,” doesn’t make that big of an impact after “Aedipus, you killed your father and fucked your mother.”

Arrival had the best chance of 2016 films overall of appealing to me. I love Sci-fi, and the premise was right up my alley. I was disappointed that they broke the language barrier with one big breakthrough as I’d love to have seen them struggle with learning syntax and uncovering their understanding more and having that lead into plot building elements. Instead, they just overloaded that void with subplot. Even the main climax was a subplot. The Director has talent, though, I loved Bladerunner 2049. I still haven’t seen Dune. But in the end, Arrival ended up being the film I was most disappointed in for the year.

Deadpool was my #1 for the year. With Logan coming out a few months into the next year, it was a treat. Not just for super hero films, but blockbusters in general. I normally don’t like those sorts of films… too samey. Not very organic feeling these days, because most blockbusters feel contrived, like their writers plot most of them backwards so everything ends up being overly convenient.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 02 January 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

One good thing I got from this thread is that there are a lot of people opinion on movies to never take. The movie was ok, but trash and garbage is way overblown.

hinch said:

That almost sounds like what really happened =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."