By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - If you like the matrix original movies... Pls DONT watch ressurections!!!

Yeah they should have left it alone. But Hollywood's gonna do their thing and dig up and rehash their franchises every once in a while. I mean its not like the Matrix was well looked upon after the first film anyways a sequel to a ill received sequel will absolutely tank.

Also, apparently there were talks that WB were going to go ahead with the Matrix sequels with or without Wachowski's and Lana actually came back for this one. Unfortunately this move almost seemed like a middle finger back at WB (even referenced in the film) and instead gave us a half-hearted attempt to make a decent film despite that insane budget - which even more than Dune!

Same, its a real shame because I was really looking forward to this as well. Like the thought of seeing the aftermath of Zion, the people and machines after the war sounded really interesting and has a lot of potential. However what we ended up with was poorly made with way too many compromises.. When you have no Hugo Weaving, Laurence Fishburn or even people like Yuen Woo-ping (fighting choreographer) mia, it didn't really feel like a Matrix movie. This added almost nothing to the series. and for a lot of people (me included) more would be akin to scraping the bottom of a barrel that has already been scraped.

Last edited by hinch - on 30 December 2021

Around the Network

Come to think of it, it's time for another Terminator movie :/ Oh wait, last one was 2019, give it another 2 years.
Total Recall 3? I fell asleep during the second one, don't remember much of it.
Back to the future 4?
Alien erm 7? 2017 was the last one, yep that will be next.

Why? How? The 3rd movie had better acting, better story, better special effects, better choreography, better editing, better action, better setting, better camera angles and shots (the new one cuts too much just to not show you that these actors are too old now for these action scenes), darker, I cant even think of a single thing that the new one did better, like, at all.

Yeah honestly I'd rather leave the franchise behind than this becoming another Terminator or Aliens. But fair enough, I mean there is potential in it but I can't see WB delivering the goods. Unless they really pull their fingers out and get a really passionate director like Snyder, the producers, choreographers and the rest of the cast.

Spoiler!

Iirc Neo imprinted some of his code into Smith when he destroyed him in the previous movies. And again the the third were Neo let himself be assimilated before destroying him. So he could have inherited his powers somewhat or control over the new Matrix. And he probably has the same goal as he had since the begging as in total freedom. The Analyst being a higher power than him, it was probably in his best interest to help Neo defeat him.

Go 'Reply' or 'Quote' >> Highlight the text you want to mark for spoiler >> Click on 'Add Spoiler' icon (the crossed out eye). That's it :o

Mr Puggsly said:

I saw like an hour of it last night and I was confused. Not by the story, but why they decided to make this film.

I'm not the a Matrix fan per se, but I think the first movie was really good. I suspect that's all they came up with and they threw together more story after its success. Not unlike recent Star Wars movies. Reloaded and Revolution were extremely boring and didn't capture what made the original film special, but it felt like they told a complete story.

I am not sure what Resurrections needs to tell, but I literally saw over an hour of Neo remembering who he was, everybody telling him he's special and a bunch of clips from previous movies for seemingly nostalgia reasons. Again, I didn't see the entire film so I can't judge it fairly, but a lot of time was spent doing very little.

The movie actually breaks the 4th wall and tells the audience straight up why the movie was made. There's nothing be confused about.

Spoiler!
Agent Smith tells Thomas that Warner Brothers wanted another movie of the Matrix IP and they will make it with or without the cast or crew, and if they didn't make it that they would kill their contract.

The movie actually makes multiple statements of this fashion in the movie. Literally. There's actually some behind the scenes stuff about how Warner Bros wanted to a Morpheus prequel staring Micheal B Jordan and there was much protest against WB for that decision.

Around the Network
Airaku said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I saw like an hour of it last night and I was confused. Not by the story, but why they decided to make this film.

I'm not the a Matrix fan per se, but I think the first movie was really good. I suspect that's all they came up with and they threw together more story after its success. Not unlike recent Star Wars movies. Reloaded and Revolution were extremely boring and didn't capture what made the original film special, but it felt like they told a complete story.

I am not sure what Resurrections needs to tell, but I literally saw over an hour of Neo remembering who he was, everybody telling him he's special and a bunch of clips from previous movies for seemingly nostalgia reasons. Again, I didn't see the entire film so I can't judge it fairly, but a lot of time was spent doing very little.

The movie actually breaks the 4th wall and tells the audience straight up why the movie was made. There's nothing be confused about.

Spoiler!
Agent Smith tells Thomas that Warner Brothers wanted another movie of the Matrix IP and they will make it with or without the cast or crew, and if they didn't make it that they would kill their contract.

The movie actually makes multiple statements of this fashion in the movie. Literally. There's actually some behind the scenes stuff about how Warner Bros wanted to a Morpheus prequel staring Micheal B Jordan and there was much protest against WB for that decision.

Yeah, apparently the movie tries to be weirdly self-conscious. And I heard WB was going to move forward with or without the Wachowskis, so Lana jumped in. I guess she thought she could mitigate some of the damage by being involved. In her place, I might have passed and said I don't want my name associated with this.

I have HBO Max. It took me three sittings to get through this movie. It was terrible. 

Spoiler!

It spends the first part of the movie mocking bad sequels, cash ins, and poor reboots while making a poor cash in sequel. They constantly show footage from the first movie. I think Lawrence Fishburne's Morpheus has a much screen time as the new one. Both Morpheus and Smith being named after the original characters does them no favors. Especially Smith. He should have just been a new Agent program. 

The second movie at least had strong action scenes to make it a fun watch. This movie like Revolutions can't say that. In fact the action is the movie is the worst in the franchise and the special effects are subpar as well. I was more impressed by the Matrix Awakens UE5 demo that I was this movie from a technology standpoint. The actions scenes are rife with quick cuts and Neo just throwing up a bullet shield. 

This movie reminds me of talking to a "smart" person that really isn't all that intelligent. It thinks it smarter and deeper than it actually is. Like the second and third movies it really isn't as deep as it pretends to be. 

TLDR: The movie spends it's first act mocking the type of film it turns out to be.

Revolutio is mediocre so it's not like it's going to ruin anything, the series is already ruined

Airaku said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Spoiler!

I fail to understand how come any of this would make for a good story or a good film at all. I didn't ask for a pretentious film trying to look smart. I ask only for a good movie with a good story, good direction, good acting, and great action and special effects is expected from anything with the word matrix on it.

The movie had none of this, they should have ditched the old characters altogether and made a brand new Matrix trilogy with new younger actors. Casting should have been done better too, the actors for agent smith and Morpheus are nowhere near as engaging as the old actors.

Also why do they have to be smith and Morpheus, are they so lacking in intelligence that they cant make up new characters? Or a brand new story altogether? With this universe there's literally thousands of ideas that could be implemented, so many different realities and worlds they could have made up.

This was just a lazy movie made by lazy people who no original thought and no intelligence, made for a population that doesn't require movies to be good anymore. Its impressive how nowadays people will just pay a lot for a ticket and not even demand good cinema.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Revolutio is mediocre so it's not like it's going to ruin anything, the series is already ruined

Revolutions, while not the best Matrix, was way way better than this new rubbish movie. It was better in every way possible, they didn't need to show you footage of the first movie, because they had the ability and intelligence of coming up with a story and ending. Actors were amazing and Keanu reaves was on the top form.

Now the actors are too old to do action, hence the cuts everywhere and bad choreography.

CGI was better in revolutions and that was made almost 20 years before. We should demand movies to improve in tech, not to get worse. But if people like you will just take it, then what's the point of them even spending money and time to do a proper movie, it sells anyway.

Revolutions would get an 8 from me, ressurections would get a 3, so bad I didnt even bother to finish watching it.