By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite - Story Discussion - Unmarked Spoilers

Ryuu96 said:

Can't believe Cortana straight up split Doisac in half, I don't know if I should feel bad for the Brutes or not, Lol.

There's two species now in Halo without a homeworld, Brutes and Prophets.

Also now that The Created is dealt with, I'm assuming UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios are free now, all that is left is finding the new location of Zeta Halo then Chief can get some backup (hopefully). Arbiter isn't going to let The Banished do whatever they want, not for Humanities sake but because Atriox will go after Arbiter eventually when he inevitably gets in his way.

Chief can't beat Atriox solo either, dude was a fucking teddy bear to Atriox, slapping him into that fucking Warthog

Maybe. But Atriox did kinda come in and sucker punch him with an energy axe or whatever lol. After Chief was already pretty consumed with fighting off a bunch of other forces. Would Atriox win a straight up 1v1 that both walked into fully prepared? Possibly yes, possibly no.



Around the Network

Yeah, I checked the credits, Atriox VA is different, John DiMaggio for HW2, Ike Amadi for Halo Infinite...This...Displeases me

I think John was better, no offense to Ike as I thought his Locke was fine but John's Atriox is far superior, I knew something was off the moment he spoke, I don't know why 343 changed it but change it back, Lol.

https://youtu.be/4gKkNQg1TyM?t=78

https://youtu.be/Jhw0PJbdaS4?t=431

Comparison of the two.

Also, Atriox's facial downgrade from the start to the end, Lol.

Halo Infinite (Start)

Halo Infinite (End)

Lol. What happened? I hope he doesn't look like that in the future, it's a jarring downgrade to his badass look.

Also, I've noticed half his face is burnt.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 December 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, I checked the credits, Atriox VA is different, John DiMaggio for HW2, Ike Amadi for Halo Infinite...This...Displeases me

I think John was better, no offense to Ike as I thought his Locke was fine but John's Atriox is far superior, I knew something was off the moment he spoke, I don't know why 343 changed it but change it back, Lol.

https://youtu.be/4gKkNQg1TyM?t=78

https://youtu.be/Jhw0PJbdaS4?t=431

Comparison of the two.

Also, Atriox's facial downgrade from the start to the end, Lol.

Halo Infinite (Start)

Halo Infinite (End)

Lol. What happened? I hope he doesn't look like that in the future, it's a jarring downgrade to his badass look.

Also, I've noticed half his face is burnt.

I actually prefer the new one, hearing them back to back like that, but I imagine most either won't notice at all or have wildly different preferences on it.

As for the look...I mean, that's just going from CGI to in-game model, so no surprise there. Plus no war paint on the in-game model.



One thing I would like for them to do in the future, if/when they add new biomes to play in, is to create more smaller story moments with the optional targets/mini-bosses. Maybe, instead of fighting like 15 different ones or whatever, that we only ever encounter the one time, and then it's done, you have us face them over multiple different locations, with some short cutscenes and/or dialogue throughout the fights, and then they flee (or otherwise get bailed out) once or twice before you have an ultimate showdown with them at the last spot. That way you could get a more personal connection with these targets, and their story can be more than just some text in the database, and a few remarks from new Cortana.



Angelus said:

One thing I would like for them to do in the future, if/when they add new biomes to play in, is to create more smaller story moments with the optional targets/mini-bosses. Maybe, instead of fighting like 15 different ones or whatever, that we only ever encounter the one time, and then it's done, you have us face them over multiple different locations, with some short cutscenes and/or dialogue throughout the fights, and then they flee (or otherwise get bailed out) once or twice before you have an ultimate showdown with them at the last spot. That way you could get a more personal connection with these targets, and their story can be more than just some text in the database, and a few remarks from new Cortana.

Please do that with a Grunt, Lol.

Trash talks you at every battle, runs away and trash talks you over the radio, tells his allies that he beat Master Chief.



Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

One thing I would like for them to do in the future, if/when they add new biomes to play in, is to create more smaller story moments with the optional targets/mini-bosses. Maybe, instead of fighting like 15 different ones or whatever, that we only ever encounter the one time, and then it's done, you have us face them over multiple different locations, with some short cutscenes and/or dialogue throughout the fights, and then they flee (or otherwise get bailed out) once or twice before you have an ultimate showdown with them at the last spot. That way you could get a more personal connection with these targets, and their story can be more than just some text in the database, and a few remarks from new Cortana.

Please do that with a Grunt, Lol.

Trash talks you at every battle, runs away and trash talks you over the radio, tells his allies that he beat Master Chief.

That would be gold lol



Wonder how Atriox takes his homeworld being destroyed and if it changes him, he was open to Humans joining The Banished and said he held no hatred towards Humans (or Elites) but does that change with a Human made AI blowing up his planet, I hope it doesn't, I like Atriox the way he is, someone who saw through the Prophets bullshit, who considered Humans to be victims of The Covenant too, he's not a genocidal maniac like the Prophets, as Chief says about Escharum, Atriox thinks he is doing the right thing by 'freeing' everyone and Humans he fights are just obstacles who won't get out his way, Halo Wars 2 he even repeatedly gave Spirit of Fire opportunities to leave.

Sorta feel sympathy for Brutes now, they're all going to unite under Atriox now and it's sorta understandable, a Human made construct destroyed their homeworld, now, Brutes are a violent species but there was some good Brutes from that planet, Lydus and his clan being one of them, we're talking about blowing up a planet with children on it too, millions of innocents, Cortana went way too far, Doisac is made up of clans, yeah, a few are united under Atriox but not all of them, she just collective punished the entire planet to try to make Atriox bend the knee, f*cking insane, Lol.

Just re-watched the scene and there's a very brief display of emotion from Atriox.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 December 2021

Yea, Cortana really went fucking hard in the paint on those big space monkeys lol. I don't honestly get the sense that it changed Atriox all that much though. Even before it happened, he seemed very calm about the whole thing. Obviously, he'll have been seething inside, but even in that moment he didn't let his emotions get the best of him. Then he simply moved forward with a plan of action for what to do next. Also, there was at least one grunt tower in the game that still called for humans to join the banished, and this is all after the Brute planet has already been destroyed, so I'm thinking they're still open to anyone joining up.



Angelus said:

Yea, Cortana really went fucking hard in the paint on those big space monkeys lol. I don't honestly get the sense that it changed Atriox all that much though. Even before it happened, he seemed very calm about the whole thing. Obviously, he'll have been seething inside, but even in that moment he didn't let his emotions get the best of him. Then he simply moved forward with a plan of action for what to do next. Also, there was at least one grunt tower in the game that still called for humans to join the banished, and this is all after the Brute planet has already been destroyed, so I'm thinking they're still open to anyone joining up.

Ah! That's good, I missed that.

I'm not trying to justify The Banished in any way, they're evil but I like that their motivations and goals are beyond simply "We're evil and we want to genocide everything" The fact that Atriox is open to all species makes him smarter, less guided by pure emotion, it is easier to see why people would fall under his banner due to his origins and how he tries to present The Banished and now with Doisac destroyed, it even more so will unite Brutes under him and heck, maybe other species, as they were fucked over by Cortana too, Lol, Atriox has an easy angle to play now in his recruitment.



Going back to one of my main disappointments in the story, the lack of character development for Tovarus, Hyperius and Jega, I don't know how Tovarus/Hyperius ended up with less character development than the Brute at the start, Lol. It irked me a little, especially with them being hyped up as Spartan Killers, Jega had a little more but not nearly enough, I wanted them to explore further that friendship between Jega and Escharum as it's rare for Brutes and Elites to be friends.

Anyway, I hope they bring in Let 'Volir, Voridus and Pavium eventually, I'm not sure how it will work though, I can't think of a reason why they would leave The Ark unless we go to The Ark instead, fairly sure The Ark can control Zeta Halo remotely still...? The Ark is vital to maintain control over...Hmm.

I would just love to see Voridus and Pavium mainly, their brotherly bond brought something different to Brutes, I wonder if Pavium would defect to defend his often screwing up, little brother. Let Volir is also interesting as a reluctant joiner of The Banished, I think it opens up some interesting scenes between him and Arbiter/Half-Jaw if they came in too, I wouldn't really want any of them to die though, Lol.

But with Escharum and his crew dead, who does Atriox surround himself with? Does he pluck random commanders from The Banished currently stationed on Zeta Halo? If so, why didn't Escharum have them? Or does he pull his Banished forces to Zeta Halo?