By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite - Story Discussion - Unmarked Spoilers

I'll take a wild guess and say the Endless in Halo will end up similar to the Vex from Destiny.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 14 December 2021

Around the Network

The bit where you're hearing echoes of Keyes, I was expecting to hear one of Johnson and was about to fucking lose it lol.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 14 December 2021

Ride The Chariot

VersusEvil said:

The bit where you're hearing echoes of Keyes, I was expecting to hear one of Johnson and was about to fucking lose it lol.

Yeah, I liked those echoes but it was a shame Johnson didn't have one, Johnson Imo was one of the few to see Chief as an actual person rather than just some weapon/soldier, plus he fought with Chief to the end, they could have done his death as an echo where he tells Chief to never let Cortana go then Chief could say something about him.

It was nice that Chief's passcode was 034 - Samuel though, Samuel being Chief's first and best friend in the Spartan academy, also died under Chief's command.

I think I do remember my Marines in battle though shouting "For Johnson!" Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 December 2021

I think Infinite did a good job at making me care more for Spartan IVs too, the only Spartan IVs I can name are Thorne, DeMarco, Miller and Palmer but DeMarco was killed off in a fucking Comic, Lol. I wouldn't say Thorne and Miller are bad characters, more, they're forgettable and Palmer is insufferable in Spartan Ops with her constantly insulting Marines and Scientists.

In Infinite there was no Spartan IVs acting all cocky like frat boys not really taking things seriously. Seeing all the dead Spartan IVs and how brutally they went out (that one with the screwdriver...), seeing how much it hurt Chief and how much Chief respects them, The Weapon talking about who they were, it made me want to get revenge.

Then we have Griffin.

This was a damn powerful scene, I wanted Griffin to live, this scene conveyed more raw emotion than any scene between Spartan IVs in 4/5, Lol. His clear respect for Chief and likewise, Chief's respect for him, Griffin holding out and not breaking, in fact, he managed to get information from The Banished, then he pivots immediately to caring about the other Spartans rather than himself.

Chief's reaction to his death was brutal too, Chief would blame himself for all these deaths, I love how he immediately snaps out of it once The Weapon starts talking about the mission, Idk if it was intentional but I figured The Weapon knew that would snap him out of it too.

The audio logs, some of which are from the perspective of Spartan IVs who died like Griffin, are great too and do a good job at making me care about them.

Spartan IVs redeemed themselves in my eyes, they can stand alongside IIIs and IIs now.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 December 2021

Halo - Agent Locke | Mega Construx

"Designed as he appears in Halo Infinite, this Agent Locke micro action figure is equipped for battle"

So was Locke meant to be in Infinite but he was cut or maybe he will have his own story expansion? I've also seen people say that with the IWHBYD skull on, Hyperius brags about how he beat Locke but says he kept him alive as an insult to show how weak he was.

I think this is a nice opportunity to do something cool with Locke's character, I'm not really a fan, thought he was bland but he definitely isn't irredeemable in my eyes, something like a prequel expansion where we play as Locke, it starts with him being beaten by Hyperius and left with nothing, not even his own armour, from there he has to work his way back up, it could be a sorta stealth focused expansion which leans into the fact that Locke's skills are more towards being an assassin.

Perfect opportunity to bring assassinations back into the game too, they can arrive alongside Locke's Story DLC.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

"Designed as he appears in Halo Infinite, this Agent Locke micro action figure is equipped for battle"

So was Locke meant to be in Infinite but he was cut or maybe he will have his own story expansion? I've also seen people say that with the IWHBYD skull on, Hyperius brags about how he beat Locke but says he kept him alive as an insult to show how weak he was.

I think this is a nice opportunity to do something cool with Locke's character, I'm not really a fan, thought he was bland but he definitely isn't irredeemable in my eyes, something like a prequel expansion where we play as Locke, it starts with him being beaten by Hyperius and left with nothing, not even his own armour, from there he has to work his way back up, it could be a sorta stealth focused expansion which leans into the fact that Locke's skills are more towards being an assassin.

Perfect opportunity to bring assassinations back into the game too, they can arrive alongside Locke's Story DLC.

I think it's more likely that he was cut, than that there's currently an expansion with him in the works.

That said, I'm not opposed to this idea.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think it's more likely that he was cut, than that there's currently an expansion with him in the works.

That said, I'm not opposed to this idea.

Yeah with the rumour about how much was cut, it's likely he was one of those things cut.

I chuckle a little thinking that Hyperius dominated Locke and left him for dead but Chief solo'd Hyperius and Tovarus together, despite Chief and Locke's grandad fight in Halo 5. I also find it weird that Hyperius would leave him alive as well, what makes Locke different to any other Spartan from Hyperius POV? Lol.

But I do really like these two ideas.

Some sick Banished/Spartan armour hybrid, Locke basically collecting whatever he can find to put together, assassinating targets deep behind enemy lines but it would be a disappointing he can't ever get revenge on Hyperius, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

I've been meaning to ask this too. I actually liked Osiris, so it makes me wonder if they will return as a whole group at some point. Remember this Halo is essentially like mobile games: no new games, just expansions one after the other for at least a decade or so. 

AsGryffynn said:
Ryuu96 said:

I've been meaning to ask this too. I actually liked Osiris, so it makes me wonder if they will return as a whole group at some point. Remember this Halo is essentially like mobile games: no new games, just expansions one after the other for at least a decade or so. 

Honestly, Vale was really the only character from that squad I found interesting. Locke SHOULD have been interesting, as an ONI hitman of sorts...but he wasn't. I barely even remember Tanaka, and Buck was just...well, Nathan Fillion, which is amusing, but ultimately the same as everywhere else you'll ever see him.

AsGryffynn said:
Ryuu96 said:

Buck isn't a member of Team Osiris anymore, he left and reformed Alpha Nine with Dare, Dutch, Romeo, Mickey and Gretchen, all Spartan IVs except Dare.

Last I heard Tanaka and Vale are still in Osiris but haven't been mentioned in a while, only Locke is mentioned in Infinite and he seems to still be alive.