By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Machina said:

5 more games:

41 - A very gothic Soulslike.

41: I feel like I’m falling into a trap for some reason but, Bloodborne?

I’m still thinking about 39 though.

Around the Network

#44 - Hint: This game is a quest to a place named like a geometric dragon.
Supplementary Hint: The two pyramids are a bit smaller than they used to be, and aren't really pyramids anymore.
Supplementary Hint 2: This action game introduced several side characters but all but one were absent from the next installments in the series.
Supplementary Hint 3???: Random Song: Here comes the sun. Random Band: Queen

#42 - Hint: The origin story of a hero who wards off darkness.
Supplementary Hint: You get quite the nasty but necessary hazing into a new organization.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 17 November 2021

Machina said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Adding an extra hint and some new games

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system

42) You've tried being stealthy, now try cutting things up

41) Get to the top

40) Unusual to this series, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types.

41 - Grow Home/Grow Up?

Nope

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

S.Peelman said:
Jpcc86 said:

Time for a couple more:

45.-

Hint 1: This one is gonna be a bit vague - The main protagonist's name is usually abbreviated to a single letter.
Hint 2: One of the bosses of this game is a very chill penguin. 

45: Mega Man X

Yep, thats the one

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Adding an extra hint and some new games

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system

42) You've tried being stealthy, now try cutting things up

41) Get to the top

40) Unusual to this series, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types.

#40: Fire Emblem: Three Houses?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Machina said:

5 more games:

44 - The very first entry in one of the most consistently controversial, edgy, and also successful series in gaming

42 - This platformer's name consists of a single letter and a symbol. The game is almost as sparse as the name.

41 - A very gothic Soulslike.

40 - This relatively new IP features a surprisingly colourful, post-apocalyptic world filled with hostile robotic creatures.

39 - This sequel will probably never get a follow-up because the company that made it can't count to 3. But a spiritual successor of sorts did very recently launch.

So 39 is definitely a Valve game but if it's not Half-Life 2 then maybe Left4Dead 2?

Signature goes here!

#46 Hint: This critter could always bash his way around the map but now in the sequel he can actually fight!

#45 Hint: The protagonist of this game is referred to as a "boulder punching asshole" a few sequels down the line.

Signature goes here!

#45Child of Light
guessed byDarashiva
platformWiiU/Switch
release year2014
developer/publisherUbisoft
genreturn-based RPG
linksWikipedia
past years2020: #32, 2019: #37, 2018: #32

If thinking about beautiful games, Child of Light is without a doubt among the first games that come to my mind. Realized with the UbiArt-engine used for Rayman Legends this games realizes playing in an watercolor-image. If you look at it in animation, Auroras hair is always flowing, which looks incredible. Also it is connected of the story of the flood. But it is all, the characters, the environments that are beatifully realized.

The story is about a girl named Aurora, who wakes up after an illness (and possibly death) in the magical land Lemuria, which is itself in trouble. As she is searching for a way back to her father, she is helping different people around the land and earning their friendship. After all it is a story about growing up emotionally, nicely fitting to the RPG-mechanic of leveling up.

Fighting is done in a turn-based matter, which uses relatively modern mechanics in turn-based RPG-fights. Level-Up is kept simple with an ability chosen from three alternative paths. Each character has it's own unique abilities, which keeps fighting interesting and to defeat some enemies you need the differing abilities.

Outside of fights the game features light platforming and puzzle elements. Story is progressed mostly by dialogue, which is presented often in rhyme.

This heartwarming game about friendship and personal growth on challenges is something everyone should've tried. It is not a particularly long or deep game, but it is beautiful a just a nice game overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYOfW-ae5sk

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

more hints:

#44: Sally tries to find Emily in this Nightmare. The arcade level actually has a machine with a previous title from the same developer. Said previous game on the arcade machine is in the list of S.Peelman. The game includes a school, an arcade and a mine as levels and transforms them in some creepy way. The game is about mobbing, exclusion, responsibility and guilt.

#43: This game all about collecting, crafting and building actually is a spin-off in one of the oldest RPG franchises. Guessed by Zippy6.

#42: The character you choose is declared the saviour of the world and thrown into jail right at the beginning of the game. Explore the world in 3rd-person view while batlling the turn-based with you armies in an overview from above. This title is the first in the series, that simply get's a 2 attached to the series name, but it isn't the second game.

#41: The newest entry in this long-running franchise adds a lot of mobility. This includes more verticality, which also is reflected in the name. Guessed by Supermario28.

#40: Eat PCB (printed curcuit board).

Last edited by Mnementh - on 18 November 2021

Mnementh said:

more hints:

#42: The character you choose is declared the saviour of the world and thrown into jail right at the beginning of the game. Explore the world in 3rd-person view while batlling the turn-based with you armies in an overview from above. This title is the first in the series, that simply get's a 2 attached to the series name, but it isn't the second game.

Two Worlds?