By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever quit a game due to difficulty?

Quite a few to be honest

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lairs last level the Lair, I always meant to go back to it and try it again but I haven't so far.

did you get all the bees? I found once I had all the bees it was pretty easy. Trying to do it without any bees, though? No thanks. That's a task I'll leave to Jirard. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Never, I always push through and persevere lol, at least as an adult. When I was a child, there were a few games on the SNES that I stopped playing because it was too difficult, but I chalk that up to age more than anything. 

In recent memory, the closest I stopped playing a game due to sheer frustration was Watchdogs 2, particularly one of the main missions with the puzzle on the beach. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 03 November 2021

rapsuperstar31 said:

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lairs last level the Lair, I always meant to go back to it and try it again but I haven't so far.

That's another one where I really loved the game overall as 95% of it was awesome, but I never finished the final level, too stressful.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Yes, plenty of times, usually early on. If a game has confusing controls, or massive and complex skilltrees as well as other systems that you have to look at and tinker with regularly, that's a huge turn off for me. If simply playing the game is too complicated for a working adult to pick it up and play randomly, then it's generally too difficult for me.

Now, if you mean something like fighting Emmi's in Dread, I haven't quit that game (because it loads you right back in prior to the fight, making it less frustrating) but games that are difficult in that way I sometimes enjoy (Dread, Celeste) but most of them, like Dark Souls, I've never touched and have no desire. They just seem stressful and frustrating lol.

Around the Network

Another thing that made me never quit a game due to it's difficult is because nowadays you can just Google how to beat xxxx. I've done this some times, the secret boss in Octopath Traveler for instance was impossible to beat without looking for some build tips

This is true even to skill based games. Megaman 11 comes to mind, sometimes I just watched boss matches on YouTube and tried to replicate the moves, it always worked 

On the NES? More often than not

The Fury said:
Dante9 said:

Yes. It was Elite Dangerous. A spaceship simulator game with trading and fighting and such. I was having a hard time even getting out of the starting base in one piece and docking back in to other bases seemed nigh impossible. I don't know whether you could buy an automated docking system later on in the game, but this was just ridiculously complicated. So realistic that it sucked the fun out of the game for me. Didn't bother to git gud.

I'm playing ED right now, I played with it first came out on PS4 but then stopped because of other games and didn't get back into it. Recently picked it up again as Horizon's was free to all users now. They made a lot of improvements on it, proper training missions and an 'Advanced Docking Computer', added April 2019, which I didn't know about until recently when playing again. Makes like a hell of a lot easier if you don't like the landing part of it.

Okay, interesting. Guess I wasn't the only one that found it a bit too finicky to enjoy.

But nah, I'm good.

snyps said:

This is a fair point.  Souls is considered hard....  but within scope of modern games.  Within the NES catalogue Souls is middle of the pack.  

Chrkeller said:
snyps said:

This is a fair point.  Souls is considered hard....  but within scope of modern games.  Within the NES catalogue Souls is middle of the pack.  

This is true actually I wasn't really thinking that far back but I've probably quit quite a few games due to difficulty. Not necessarily because they're too hard but because of lack of saving/checkpoints, I don't mind dying repeatedly, I just don't want to have to go back to the start of the game when I do.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.