By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - David Jaffe's take on Metroid Dread

GoOnKid said:
Dgc1808 said:

That was hilarious. Not just Jaffe but also how upset it made the op.

I wasn't upset when I wrote it and I'm not upset now. I thought it was hilarious.

Poor choice of words on my part. The guy got stuck (it happens), but was told the answer by spectators before he had a chance to figure it out himself. He clearly didn't have that chance because he thought there were other paths he could take and didn't realize there weren't until after he was given the answer. His tone would likely be different had he just been given the time to figure it out for himself.

I don't think it's necessary to call him ignorant, incompetent, etc. because of this. People generally suck at handling public embarrassment and have a habit of making the situation worse for themselves when trying to resolve it. Humans are flawed.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

thats quite ironic noone can disagree with me otherwise they hit my ignorelist

This site has an "ignore" option? How does it work?

padib said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Perfect to mute trolls and edgelords.

Most who call others trolls or edgelords would do best to look at themselves.

ignored

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

d21lewis said:
kirby007 said:

thats quite ironic noone can disagree with me otherwise they hit my ignorelist

This site has an "ignore" option? How does it work?

In difference of what some say here, the ignore option is available from silver tier upwards already: https://www.vgchartz.com/supporters.php

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

kirby007 said:
padib said:

Most who call others trolls or edgelords would do best to look at themselves.

ignored

You can ignore our presence but when we fart you cannot deny our essence!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
kirby007 said:

ignored

You merely adopted the farts, i was born in farts, molded by it. I didnt live without farts untill i was already a man. Then farts werent even smelly anymore

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Leynos said:

You merely adopted the farts, i was born in farts, molded by it. I didnt live without farts untill i was already a man. Then farts werent even smelly anymore

You're just a pink testicle full of air

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

On the other end of the spectrum Nintendo has Mario games that will play themselves if the player finds it too difficult. Could have just had an arrow indicator pointing up at this section if the player got stuck progression-wise after a minute or so. Problem solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

David jaffe is not wrong. The series hasn't really progress since the start of it all. However that what defines metroid. Changing it too much will spoil the fan base.

Its always going to be a game that attracts fans, rather than bring in new players. I know we been spoilt with ganes like ori which gives u directions on where to go which most people are accustomed to now . If u are the type that doesn't have much time to play games then metroid won't be the game for you

GoOnKid said:

@Drakrami There is a big difference between criticism and valid criticism. Watch the videos and tell me with a straight face that Jaffe has a point.

Actually what I see is David Jaffe having a beer streaming a game and goofing off. Isn't that right? 

But nope, Nintendo fans have to get all insecure and sensitive about it and make a post lol.