By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - David Jaffe's take on Metroid Dread

padib said:
Drakrami said:

Actually what I see is David Jaffe having a beer streaming a game and goofing off. Isn't that right? 

But nope, Nintendo fans have to get all insecure and sensitive about it and make a post lol. 

You mean having a beer and shitting on a Nintendo game for no good reason, and being called out.

The game is excellent and doesn't deserve to be shat on.

lol... I can sit here and play PT and say wtf is wrong with this game it's so repetitive you just go around the same corridors again and again. Or I can play Fortnight and say that this game sucks and I don't get what's so fun. 

The point is David Jaffe was just playing a game, having fun. It is not like he is doing a game review or making a statement saying Metriod Dread is bad. Just chill Nintendo fans, lower down that sensitivity. 

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
padib said:

You mean having a beer and shitting on a Nintendo game for no good reason, and being called out.

lol... I can sit here and play PT and say wtf is wrong with this game it's so repetitive you just go around the same corridors again and again. Or I can play Fortnight and say that this game sucks and I don't get what's so fun. 

The point is David Jaffe was just playing a game, having fun. It is not like he is doing a game review or making a statement saying Metriod Dread is bad. Just chill Nintendo fans, lower down that sensitivity. 

He was having fun, no problem with that whatsoever, and he was also saying silly things (I still think he was just trolling... for whatever reason), which is what people are calling him out for. Two different things. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

He played 2 hours while high and those 2 hours were mostly stuck in one part that is 30 minutes into the game. Jaffe favors leading the player everywhere and handholding. He wants the game to tell him what to do and where to go because that's a more modern approach and why a lot of games suffer from icon litter and button prompts and shit. He is the modern gamer and the modern game journalist. He doesn't know actual great game design. He made a more popular Rygar on PS2. yay... sorry it doesn't hold water to keep bringing up a PS2 game that has its own problems. Once the 90s and 2000s edglord shit wore off he hasn't been too relevant. Him being so clueless on Metroid Dread is the most attention he's had in years. His last game was an edge lord POS that no one played. He really hasn't done anything since the PS2 era of note.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Signalstar said:

On the other end of the spectrum Nintendo has Mario games that will play themselves if the player finds it too difficult. Could have just had an arrow indicator pointing up at this section if the player got stuck progression-wise after a minute or so. Problem solved.

But that would completely destroy the game. Being isolated and having to use your own brain to figure out where to go is a central part of the gameplay. Without this element you don't really have a Metroid game.

If the lack of hand-holding is a problem, the better solution is to simply pick a different game.

The only thing I find funny is Dread is more linear than other Metroid games, considerably. If somebody gets lost in Dread, I recommend not playing Prime or Super.

Around the Network

I think we are saying the same thing. Effectively in Dread when you get an item, you go directly to the next area you are suppose to be at. There rarely is a question of what area to be exploring. It guides very effectively.

Drakrami said:
padib said:

Yes, my dude, that is exactly what he did.

He gave it a 3/10. But look, the thing is not that he doesn't like it. He certainly can have his own opinion, that of course is a good thing! Nobody is mad about it. But, when someone has a very outlandish and strange opinion, then this opinion should be ready to be challenged!

Calling Nintendo fans insecure and sensitive doesn't help your point, by the way.

People are entitled to their opinions, but virtually no game is actually a 3/10. That is Superman 64 level of crap, which clearly most games are not.

Stories like this remind me of Detroit become human, i quit it within an hour i hated the shit out of it doesn't mean the game isn't good quality

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Stories like this remind me of Detroit become human, i quit it within an hour i hated the shit out of it doesn't mean the game isn't good quality

Nah. That games story is complete rubbish like any David Cage game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!