By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Nearly Outsells Switch - Global Hardware Sep 26 to Oct 2

Was this the last chance for PS5 to outsell Switch right?

I mean, at least I the foreseeable future. I'm sure PS5 will start outselling Switch eventually

Around the Network

They sold each one they could make and yet was not good enough.

Next week should be bomb babyyyy. Hope Switch can sell around 500k. But seeing Japan COMG sales, it doesn't seem like it boosted that much.

500k seems low for NS next week. Im thinking 750-800k

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

251k being the lowest week for the Switch this year would be really impressive and above the lowest week of 2020 which was 230k. Though it's possible adjustments in a few weeks could push it lower than that. Also the Xbox Series X/S is doing pretty well right now, if it's performance in the Americas was PS5 level it could be getting weeks close to 200k.

Around the Network

Bad title, very misleading, the title should have been, PS5 and xbox keeps being outsold by a 4 and half year old console, before the new model just comes to market.

Oh wow almost made it on its last chance. Can't wait to see Switch sales skyrocket next week and stay high till end of the year. Could Switch sales triple next week??

I would temper expectations of OLED's launch week primarily due to the fact we're still in a global chip crunch so there will be hard limits on how many units Nintendo can physically make and ship.
We already know for instance that they're holding lotteries at major retailers in Japan because demand outstrips supply.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I would temper expectations of OLED's launch week primarily due to the fact we're still in a global chip crunch so there will be hard limits on how many units Nintendo can physically make and ship.
We already know for instance that they're holding lotteries at major retailers in Japan because demand outstrips supply.

We will have a good idea when Famitsu report the Japanese figures. Numbers were apparently really good in the UK.

Good news, I look forward to Famitsu's numbers this Friday and global figures next week.

That was a close one.
Can't see the PS5 coming that close again until next year.