By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Nearly Outsells Switch - Global Hardware Sep 26 to Oct 2

trenchparticipant said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

That's another way the PS5 is like the N64.

Yes and Switch sales will fall off like they did with the Wii.

Not very likely. The sales had already started dropping significantly at this point in the Wii's lifespan.



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
trenchparticipant said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

That's another way the PS5 is like the N64.

Yes and Switch sales will fall off like they did with the Wii.

Maybe.  But doesn't seem like it yet.  I've heard about the cliff for 3 years now.  Maybe it is possible the switch is simply a highly successful console.



There is a 11.000 differance not almost outsold



mhsillen said:

There is a 11.000 differance not almost outsold

That's less than 5%... so yes almost. People are really getting upset by this title.



Funny the media miss this: People prefer home consoles, and they are outselling mobile 2 to 1 right now. Everyone wants Nintendo to make a home console, but they don't. So they buy PS5 and Xbox instead, 2 to 1 :)

Imagine if they were actually in stock...



Around the Network

Lol, people don't want a Switch? It will be a top 5 all time greatest selling console ever.... maybe top 3.



Chrkeller said:

Lol, people don't want a Switch? It will be a top 5 all time greatest selling console ever.... maybe top 3.

They want a Nintendo home console, but they don't have a choice. It won't even beat the Xbox 360 in North America. Not really interested in what they buy in Japan.



Alistair said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol, people don't want a Switch? It will be a top 5 all time greatest selling console ever.... maybe top 3.

They want a Nintendo home console, but they don't have a choice. And it won't get close to top 3 globally. It won't even beat the Xbox 360 in North America.

"It won't even beat the 3rd best selling system ever in north america so it can't get close to 3rd." Lol



Alistair said:

Funny the media miss this: People prefer home consoles, and they are outselling mobile 2 to 1 right now. Everyone wants Nintendo to make a home console, but they don't. So they buy PS5 and Xbox instead, 2 to 1 :)

Imagine if they were actually in stock...

Even pretending your logic made any sense whatsover, the PS5 and XBX/S didn't combine for over 500,000, which is what 2 to 1 would actually look like.  But, I guess you're rounding up by 107,772 because you're "good at maths" ?



Alistair said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol, people don't want a Switch? It will be a top 5 all time greatest selling console ever.... maybe top 3.

Not really interested in what they buy in Japan.

Yet you have just been posting in the Japanese sales thread... Hmmmm!