By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2022 List Wars, who has the strongest 2022 lineup?

Who has the best 2022 lineup so far?

Nintendo 65 52.85%

Playstation 36 29.27%

Xbox 16 13.01%

Undecided/NA 6 4.88%

Total:123

Its going to be a crazy year, exclusive wise Sony is pulling me the most. Per each console these are the games I have my eye on

Xbox: Starfield/Somerville
Nintendo: Kirby/Pokemon Archeus/Zelda
Playstation: Horizon/GOW/Forspoken/Ghostwire Tokyo/Stray/ Little Devil Inside (which is likely getting delayed to 2022)

Around the Network

For me, it's Nintendo lineup.  With the Switch, I find myself interested in franchises that never appealed to me before.  Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Pokemon Legends Arceus would be my first games in their franchises (excluding the Kirby challenges in the NES Remix games on Wii U and Pokemon Go on mobile).  On top of that, I'm even more interested in Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, and Project Triangle Strategy, as well as TMNT Shredder's Revenge.  So, basically, their whole lineup, lol.

Mandalore76 said:

Source for release window?  The only thing I heard about the game is that "it's very early in development".

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is a tremendous undertaking, encompassing almost every aspect of the original game. We’re still early in development"

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-is-the-legendary-tale-remade-on-playstation-5/

Seems like I jumped the gun on the release date. 

hinch said:

Tbf sales wise GoW (2018) did come pretty close to BoTW. GoW was estimated to be around 20m, late last year vs BotW's 22.28m. And though BotW 2 is likely to outsell GoW: Ragnarok I wouldn't count it out entirely.

Reviews well.. Zelda always reviews high :P Both IP's are huge flagship titles.

Each unit sold is $60?

PotentHerbs said:

Sony has some of their biggest IP's launching in 2022 & a potential PSVR2 launch for the holidays.

GT7, HFW & GoW could all sell 15 - 20+ Million & should review well. A PSVR2 event could have some surprises, like a Half Life Alyx port, and first party reveals from Asobi, Insomniac or Firesprite.

Edit: KOTOR remake is a timed PS5 console exclusive for 2022 as well. 

Pokemon and BoTW still sell more and at full $60 though.

HoangNhatAnh said:
PotentHerbs said:

Sony has some of their biggest IP's launching in 2022 & a potential PSVR2 launch for the holidays.

GT7, HFW & GoW could all sell 15 - 20+ Million & should review well. A PSVR2 event could have some surprises, like a Half Life Alyx port, and first party reveals from Asobi, Insomniac or Firesprite.

Edit: KOTOR remake is a timed PS5 console exclusive for 2022 as well. 

Pokemon and BoTW still sell more and at full $60 though.

You think Pokemon + BoTW combined will outsell GoW, HFW + GT7? I doubt that.

Not to mention, these same Playstation exclusives priced at $70 will have massive openings, will be facing fierce competition against monster sellers like COD, GTAV: E&E, FIFA, new IP's with tons of sales potential like Elden Ring & Harry Potter, mid tier sellers like Forspoken, MLB & Madden, a variety of indies as well as GaaS titles. This is all with growing digital sales, which should net Sony more revenue, and ultimately more profit. 

Around the Network

Is Starfield gonna be great, like 92+ Metacritic? If so, I could make a case for XB. Otherwise, I'd give the title to Sony. They have big games from known franchises coming.

Nintendo also has a solid lineup. But, since there's like a 99% chance that BOTW2 falls to 2023, I can't give it to them.

Nintendo, obviously.

I mean, they already win with Bayonetta 3, but with Kirby, Pokémon Legends Arceus and Mario + Rabbids 2 and possibly BOTW2, it's a knock-out.

hinch said:

Tbf sales wise GoW (2018) did come pretty close to BoTW. GoW was estimated to be around 20m, late last year vs BotW's 22.28m. And though BotW 2 is likely to outsell GoW: Ragnarok I wouldn't count it out entirely.

Reviews well.. Zelda always reviews high :P Both IP's are huge flagship titles.

Just to throw this out there, at the time BotW launched day one for the Switch whereas God of War launched when PS4 already amassed a respectable 80M consoles sold. However, now with the sequels it's different. Switch is at 100M and PS4/5 will be at a combined 140M. In addition, many of the PS5 owners were formerly PS4 owners and game sales tend to slow this late into a consoles lifespan (for PS4 I mean). 

Though I'm not saying it's guaranteed of course, but I think BotW 2 will outsell Ragnorok by a larger difference than BotW 1 outsold God of War (2018). Switch is at it's height whereas Sony's consoles are either losing steam or still building it up. 

None of the awesome cross platform games I played on PC or Xbox or PS came to Switch. QED. Looking at platform exclusives only makes sense when you have the third party titles. Switch is the weakest of the bunch.

Sony for me, at least so far. Nintendo only has BOTW 2 on that list that really interests me, with Bayonetta 3 and Kirby as something I might get around to at some point if I feel like it. Horizon Forbidden West alone is almost enough to decide it, but Stray, God of War and Forspoken make the decision kind of easy. Of course, then there's the possibility of FFXVI releasing next year, which if it does, just tips the scales completely in Sony's favour.