By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2022 List Wars, who has the strongest 2022 lineup?

Who has the best 2022 lineup so far?

Nintendo 65 52.85%

Playstation 36 29.27%

Xbox 16 13.01%

Undecided/NA 6 4.88%

Total:123
Ka-pi96 said:

2022 looks like a pretty poor year for 1st party games. Starfield is literally the only game there I'm interested in, so I guess Microsoft win by default.

Nintendo only had two quality games this year. Mario Golf and Metroid Dread (I'm assuming). I think next year looks like 2 low rent open worlds (Kirby and Pokemon), a bunch of sequels that don't interest me much, and BOTW. So for me, I'd say Nintendo has the best lineup, IF IF IF IF there is new hardware to play Zelda BOTW2. I think the Switch hardware ruined the first BOTW (game was amazing on PC) so unless there is new hardware, I think Nintendo isn't for me. New hardware launches? I'll be the biggest Nintendo fan of 2022 ever (maybe we'll get another 2017 style best year ever situation, but with better hardware!!!).

Sony has GoW and HFW, both sequels to games I don't really want to play more of right now. Eh. Burned out. Both great games, but weirdly not games I'm looking to jump back in to. After finishing Horizon, it was a great game, but it took a LONG time and I'm not interested in going back in for a long time. Want something different.

Microsoft has the one game that is right up my alley, Starfield. Could be my favorite game of 2022. If it delivers, I'm handing 2022 to Microsoft, if it doesn't, oh well, Microsoft flopped for 2022. If Halo is my favorite game of 2021 I'll hand 2021 to Microsoft also (can you tell I love sci-fi games?).

So we don't know yet, but 2021 and 2022 could both be Microsoft's if Halo and Starfield deliver. If they don't, then Nintendo is in the lead with new hardware, at the bottom if no hardware. And Sony does what Sony does. I'm personally tired of GOW and HFW so... I'll play HFW when it lauches on PC, not interested in playing it on PS.

Also let's be honest. PC was the best in 2021. Record numbers of RTX 3000 cards were sold for gaming, not just for mining, because the PC space has never been better. I bought a 280hz monitor for just $280 USD, ridiculous. High end monitors are so cheap now.

PC top games I played this year: It Takes Two, Scarlet Nexus, Psyconauts 2, Mass Effect LE, Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy 4 Pixel Remaster (awesome), Kena Bridge of Spirits, and soon Halo Infinite. PC is where it is at, don't look at platform exclusives. That list people are voting on? Depressing compared to all the rich gaming out there. Limiting yourself to just the Switch is sad. I'd like new hardware, if we had all those games on Switch, then I might be interested. But nope, NONE OF THEM are on there.

Last edited by Alistair - on 24 September 2021

Around the Network

Last edited by Alistair - on 24 September 2021

Trash all around. Although I would enjoy all of these games if it were free, I simply don't see any must buy games. Maybe I have grown out of gaming a bit.

Forspoken looks interesting at least.

I am just waiting for the next big ip like Nioh was for Gen 8.

All have flagship titles coming out.
Hard to say, even year. Wouldnt complain what system you own in 2022

2022 has Zelda. Auto-Nintendo win.

Around the Network

Starfield alone makes the strongest lineup. Looking forward to Redfall and Stalker too.

Stray looks like a game I'd like to play too. As far as I know it's console launch exlusive so hopefully it'll eventually release on Xbox too.

Games I'm interested in:

Nintendo: BOTW 2, Kirby, Mario + Rabbids and MAYBE Pokemon Legends.
PlayStation: Horizon 2, God of War, Gran Turismo 7
Xbox: Maybe Starfield....

Xbox list is very lackluster at the moment, but Forza Motorsport should be next year so that helps it for me a bit. Nintendo and PlayStation are probably tied for me. Nintendo has a better number of big titles, but God of War and Horizon were 2 of my favourite games of the last generation so them alone is huge for me.

Nintendo for me.
BotW 2, Splatoon 3 and M+R would have won this already.
But now with Bayonetta 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Lands it's unbeatable.
Also really interested in Pokémon Legends: Arceus and Triangle Strategy.

From Sony and Microsoft I'm only interested in Horizon, maybe God of War and Starfield.
But I need to get the consoles first.

You forgot the biggest exclusive of them all chocobo GP

Definitely Playstation for me, God of war alone decided that. Xbox is quite meh apart from Starfield. Nintendo I have no comment since I have never played zelda, splatoon, kirby etc.