By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2022 List Wars, who has the strongest 2022 lineup?

Who has the best 2022 lineup so far?

Nintendo 65 52.85%

Playstation 36 29.27%

Xbox 16 13.01%

Undecided/NA 6 4.88%

Total:123

What the fuck, Shredders Revenge is a timed exclusive? ?

From the list, seems pretty easily Nintendo imho. Zelda alone likely crushes everything else in sales and reviews. Though I’m sure all three still have more to reveal.

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW 2 (1 point Nintendo)
Horizon: Forbidden West. (1 point Sony)
Redfall, Starfield. (for the win 2 points Xbox)

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

LudicrousSpeed said:

What the fuck, Shredders Revenge is a timed exclusive? 😐

From the list, seems pretty easily Nintendo imho. Zelda alone likely crushes everything else in sales and reviews. Though I’m sure all three still have more to reveal.

Tbf sales wise GoW (2018) did come pretty close to BoTW. GoW was estimated to be around 20m, late last year vs BotW's 22.28m. And though BotW 2 is likely to outsell GoW: Ragnarok I wouldn't count it out entirely.

Reviews well.. Zelda always reviews high :P Both IP's are huge flagship titles.

Last edited by hinch - on 24 September 2021

Sony has some of their biggest IP's launching in 2022 & a potential PSVR2 launch for the holidays.

GT7, HFW & GoW could all sell 15 - 20+ Million & should review well. A PSVR2 event could have some surprises, like a Half Life Alyx port, and first party reveals from Asobi, Insomniac or Firesprite.

Edit: KOTOR remake is a timed PS5 console exclusive for 2022 as well. 

My bias says Nintendo. Their lineup just gets me. Kirby and Zelda (provided it actually releases in 2022) are the highlights for next year so far for me.

Nevertheless, 2022 is shaping up really well for all of them. It's good to see all of them healthy and engaging their fanbases.

Around the Network

Nintendo wins by a mile.  Neither other platform has a single game I want to play.  That is, if we are going by games listed in the OP.  I want to play Elden Ring next year, and I doubt it will be on the Switch.  Even taking that into account, Nintendo still wins easily.

If Zelda comes out in 2022 Nintendo, otherwise PlayStation. I think its going to be good great year for Xbox but I think 2023 is going to be their big year. Of those games listed my most looked forward to games in order are Zelda, God of War, Horizon, Starfield.

Nintendo for me. Just Zelda and Bayonetta. I mean come on. Also the Kirby and Pokemon game looks great.

PotentHerbs said:

Sony has some of their biggest IP's launching in 2022 & a potential PSVR2 launch for the holidays.

GT7, HFW & GoW could all sell 15 - 20+ Million & should review well. A PSVR2 event could have some surprises, like a Half Life Alyx port, and first party reveals from Asobi, Insomniac or Firesprite.

Edit: KOTOR remake is a timed PS5 console exclusive for 2022 as well. 

Source for release window?  The only thing I heard about the game is that "it's very early in development".

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is a tremendous undertaking, encompassing almost every aspect of the original game. We’re still early in development"

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-is-the-legendary-tale-remade-on-playstation-5/

I don't think God of War will release in 2022 if it was a 2022 release you would of seen a 2022 on the trailer at Sony showcase. Sony as a history of moving their big title in late Q1 or early Q2. Starfield > Zelda BOTW 2 > Horizon > Redfall.

In terms of lineup, we know that Microsoft is going to continue to bring game to gamepass every month in 2022, therefore when we consider that will include Starfield and Redfall it is an easy win for Microsoft. A few time exclusive for Sony should expire in 2022 (Deathloop, FF VII Remake, Kena).