By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you manage to get a PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X yet?

Did you manage to get a PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X yet?

Yes, both of them 61 5.59%

Yes, PS5 274 25.11%

Yes, XSX 126 11.55%

No, still looking for a PS5 117 10.72%

No, still looking for an XSX 75 6.87%

No, was always going to buy later 200 18.33%

No, have no interest in either one 238 21.81%

Total:1,091
JackHandy said:

I find it really interesting that a video game forum like this one is currently polling at 42.37% for either waiting, or not interested.

I also see a lot of comments (not on here) of people that managed to get a ps5, just to have it sit idle and/or complain about it lol. But indeed, for a niche gaming forum 42% seems a lot. However don't forget the Nintendo fan base is strong here. There's plenty to play on Switch, as well as on PC. Playstation and Xbox are niche :p

Around the Network

Yes, I got an XBSX without trying hard from Walmart in June. I got my PS5 also from Walmart in August. Also won an XBSX in Newegg Shuffle but that was a few days after I bought my Walmart one.

I am impressed by the XBSX. I thought I wouldn't be that satisfied as I have gaming PCs, but it is very nice to have a capable system that an play my Xbox library on a second TV. Thr interface and hardware are also very nice.

I think the PS5 has worse hardware and is too bulky, bur of course it has games I can't play elsewhere, and that is all that matters. I only have Demon's Souls for it (along with my PS4 library) but look forward to future titles.

Last edited by sc94597 - on 08 September 2021

I never get a Playstation the first year. Never have and never will. At their best it has always taken a new Playstation a couple of years to get some good games. On top of that, they are not at their best right now. Even at this point there are only a few games I like on the PS4, and I am even less hopeful about the PS5.

I don't plan to buy a PS5 at all, but I'll keep an eye out to see if any really good games come along. I willing to let them change my mind, but right now I'm not planning on getting one. (And I've never owned an XBox.)

I've had a Series X since launch and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Yeah, Series S and X. Its nice, I've been using it as the Xbox One Ultimate Edition.

The real motivation to buy it was faster loading and quick resume.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Agente42 said:

No, Pc and Switch in this gen.

( Steam deck later). 

This.

I might get a PS5 sometime down the line, but right now I have zero interest since there are so few exclusives. I can't think of a single one that I am acutally interested in and third party titles run way better on PC anyway.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Here in Dubai, PS5s are available in stores one week and gone the next week. They were available back in July. I don't know if they are available now.

When I went back home during the summer break, I spent a month in Arizona, and another month in my hometown Cleveland. I could not for the life of me find a place that sold PS5s. They would tell me "only through requests online", which I don't even know what they meant by that.

Mind you I don't plan on buying a PS5, I just love to window shop with my son at electronic stores. I will buy him a Nintendo Switch on his upcoming Birthday.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Call me silly, but I have been waiting for an official black version of the PS5 to be launched by Sony. I don't even know if that will be a thing, but they already launched the black controller, so I'm hopeful.
Regardless, when the native PS5 killer games begin to accumulate, I'm going to have to make the leap. Black or not.

Got series x at launch due to gamepass. Ps5 is still sold out in nz

Very. In nz brand new games cost 90nzd dollars and some older games still cost that amount. With gamepass I have played more than 2000nzd worth of games since getting it.. Helped me go back to games that I missed and got the next gen update and got to me try new games made for this gen. 

RolStoppable said:

Simple question.

Bonus question: How satisfied are you with your purchase(s)?