By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you manage to get a PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X yet?

Did you manage to get a PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X yet?

Yes, both of them 61 5.59%

Yes, PS5 274 25.11%

Yes, XSX 126 11.55%

No, still looking for a PS5 117 10.72%

No, still looking for an XSX 75 6.87%

No, was always going to buy later 200 18.33%

No, have no interest in either one 238 21.81%

Total:1,091

Got a PS5 on launch day here in the UK and then managed to get a 2nd one that I sold to my friend (for RRP as I ain't no scalper :) he was looking for ages so was very happy)

Around the Network

I still haven’t found a PS5, but I am in no hurry. My Switch is still my primary system, and I have plenty to play on it with a lot more games still to come.

I'm getting them later on.
Was tempted to get a Series S, since it's always available, but I'd rather get a Series X.

Got my preordered Xbox Series X on launch day. But I sent it back a week later because its Blu-ray drive was annoyingly loud when watching an UHD movie. Also because I was lucky to get all the parts for my new PC earlier that month and didn't really need an Xbox without exclusives. All hyped Series X games ran better on my new PC.

I finally got my PS5 in July and I'm very happy with it so far. It's the disc model with the quiet fan, the disc drive is also quite quiet while watching UHD movies. The dual sense controller is awesome! (never was a fan of PlayStation controllers before)

Got a good deal for R&C Rift Apart + Sackboy + Miles Morales + Spider-Man Remastered, got the PS+ collection (20 PS4 games, some enhanced for PS5) and over ten PS5 games with my PS+ subscription. Many of my unfinished PS4 games got a free PS5 upgrade.

Currently in my household:
* Two Xbox Series X. (One I got on launch.) - The second series X lives in the bedroom... And is mostly for just bluray/dvd playback at the moment, was the upgrade for the old Xbox One X.
* Playstation 5. (Got on launch.)
* Two Nintendo Switch consoles. (One I got on launch, second one was an upgrade/trade in from a Switch Lite.)

This augments:
* High-End PC.
* Ryzen Notebook.
* Xbox One X.
* Wii U.
* SNES.
* NES.
* Megadrive.
* Atari 2600.
* Playstation 2.
* Playstation 3.
* Xbox.
* Xbox 360.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 06 September 2021

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I got a used Series S for around ~200€. I'm also low key looking for a PS5, but I'm in no hurry as long as GT7 isn't out.

Yep, I luckily managed to get one bundled from GameStop after months of no such luck, including the supposed "biggest drop ever" at Target a few days prior in which I did manage to catch a live drop, but immediately got locked out trying to enter my credit card info. It even asked me to manually enter my billing info even though it was literally saved to my account, and when I was finally able to enter, it fell through because it was sold out. I tried this for several other stores in my region when I had the chance only to have the same thing happen with them.

Luckily GameStop has great measures for combating scalpers, making them Rewards Pro exclusive that you can only buy in bundles.

Yup got a series X at launch I am enjoying it a lot so far

I find it really interesting that a video game forum like this one is currently polling at 42.37% for either waiting, or not interested.

Yeah was able to pre-order PS5 from Wal Mart of all places