By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Conservapedia

So I discovered a politically conservative online encyclopedia called, appropriately, Conservapedia just now and am having a great time searching through its various entries. Wanted to recommend it! They've got so much politically-charged, self-sourcing, and blatantly biased material here that a sane and good-spirited reader won't be able to resist chuckling at the self-parody that is this site.

Let's take a topic near and dear to my heart -- the women's movement -- for example. Below are some of my favorite excerpts from their entry on feminism. According to Conservapedia...

Spoiler!
Attributes common to many feminists include an entitlement mentality and a bit of an attitude, such as a "chip on one's shoulder" despite benefiting from a life of privilege.

*quickly grabs Paqui off shoulder and munches* I don't have a chip on my shoulder. Now.

In actuality, 61% of American women say the term "feminist" describes them well.

Also, according to this encyclopedia, most feminists...

Spoiler!
...shirk traditional gender activities, like baking.

I get compliments for this.

Spoiler!
...often condemn the God-given order of gender roles, as laid out in the Holy Bible.
Spoiler!
...[want] women and men equally in military combat, to weaken the U.S. military.
Spoiler!
...support the homosexual agenda.

There's a U in homusexual, you know?

Spoiler!
...demands that women choose a career over raising children without any remorse.

Without...any...remorse!!

Spoiler!
...criticize music such as heavy metal, rock and roll, and country for being "sexist".

It's like the author of this article has never heard of feminist-themed folk or hard rock before. Like they never visited my profile here or something. 

ANYWAY, that's just from the feminism page. Chex out Conservapedia to also learn how the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, find proof of God's existence, discover how the coronavirus is caused by lesbianism, and more! You might leave less knowledgeable after spending ten minutes on Conservapedia than you were before you visited, but you'll be amused. Worthwhile trade-off.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 08 August 2021

Around the Network

I'm sure there is a universe among the infinite universes out there where all of the above are true.

I used to troll this website a decade ago. Eventually, I got a bit tired of it when the website created specifically in response, RationalWiki, started being far more popular (and sometimes nearly as cringy).

Love and tolerate.

Thanks for bring a site to my attention, which can helpfully reduce my intelligence whenever needed. Seems like competition for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pD_UK6vGU

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Conservapedia’s articles read like something from Newsmax.

Personally, I miss Dickipedia, a “wiki of dicks.” It was a wiki of people and groups who are dicks, not actual dicks.

Around the Network

What a cesspool of false information.

It's not even about being progressive vs conservative, don't give two craps about those terms. - It's literally fact vs fiction... And we should all back the science rather than unsubstantiated claims/opinions regardless of source.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This stuff isn't even really conservatism, it's deep into reactionary territory... tapping on the door of the alternate history library.

Most of these sorts uphold the word of Jesus as the law and word of God, then don't follow any of it. They go and follow the book of Leviticuck instead... well parts of it in some way they just made up... which if they read the New Testament Gospels they'd know that even Jesus thinks they're hypocrites.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hiku said:

2016: "She lost. Get over it!"

2020:

I live in Arizona. Don’t get me started on this delusional horse shit. Unfortunately millions of Arizona Republicans believe Trump won the election in AZ. The local news sites are full of this utter lunacy. The Florida Man running the audit is pocketing millions of our tax dollars.

So are the articles on COVID mitigation efforts, for that matter.

Conservapedia was founded by Andrew Schafly, the son of Phyllis Schafly, the woman who helped defeat the Equal Rights Amendment in the name of traditional values while she grifter millions.

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 08 August 2021

Jumpin said:

This stuff isn't even really conservatism, it's deep into reactionary territory...

I know you're from Germany and everything where the conservatives tend to be more moderate, but yeah, even most pro-Trump conservatives here in the U.S. would balk at some of Conservapedia's material for sure. That is true.

Here's the Conservapedia entry on video games. As you've probably guessed, most of it's about how playing video games leads to obesity, heart attacks, dropping out of school, mass murder, and, worst of all, atheism in teenage boys and young men.