By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your favorite feel good games?

mZuzek said:
GoOnKid said:

Really? I thought Bayonetta was extremely punishing. Oftentimes I thought to myself that, well okay, that was a great fight, I'll surely have a good score at the end, but the game was like, yeah right bitch, here have your bronze medal.

Extremely punishing for me is if I'm dying all the time and losing progress or something. Which I suppose would happen if I played Bayonetta at a higher difficulty. I don't mind the bronze medals.

I mind. To me it felt very unsatisfying, but okay, we can differ in this regard. I understand that this reward system is harsh on purpose so the player is supposed to be pushed into improving himself. It didn't work that well for me, let's say that. It was rather disappointing. Oh, and then there is also the Alfheim and Muspelheim bonus challenges, right? Don't even ask.

Around the Network

Oh how could I forget - Animal Crossing!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Kingdom Hearts 1 all the way. Destiny Island is chill a f. And being in Traverse Town brings one of the cozyest atmospheres in gaming.
The latter games don't come close, but the first one I could replay ad infinitum.

Trine 4 is another game I find quite charming and cosy. Looks beautiful and is quite chill when played on easy difficulty.

I hope you are feeling better by now!

The only games that I play over and over again are the Megaman X4-6 games. They surely bring me a lot of childhood memories, they are quite short and I just love every bit of the artistic direction and music that these games have. They left a huge impact on me, I play them like every year or two.

Around the Network

Flower, uncharted 1, yakuza, dreams, little big planet,spiderman. These are feel good in terms of games that put a smile on your face.

Donkey Kong and Mario Bros, my two favorite arcade games. I also return to Zelda and Dragon Quest games.

Super Mario Bros., the original Castlevania, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Panel de Pon, can fire up a quick playthrough of them whenever and have a comfy time.

For longer sessions, Tales of Symphonia, the Style Savvy games, more so Styling Star. And replaying the Atelier games with time limit, sadly gone but the ones with it have one of my absolute favorite gameplay loops that put me in a state of zen.

JCGamer55 said:

I hope you are feeling better by now!

The only games that I play over and over again are the Megaman X4-6 games. They surely bring me a lot of childhood memories, they are quite short and I just love every bit of the artistic direction and music that these games have. They left a huge impact on me, I play them like every year or two.

Thank you, I am indeed better now, it was just bad on wednesday but I recovered pretty well. I heard that's quite common with covid shots, so it's all fine. I was already able to go back to the office yesterday and today.

Of these three my favorite is X5, I think. Many people prefer X4 but I don't know, somehow I can't get along with the soundtrack as much as with the other games in the series. And to me, the soundtrack is maybe half of the entire appeal here! It's really interesting since X4 has by far the best gameplay of these three games but the weakest soundtrack while X6 on the other hand has a very good soundtrack but very poor gameplay. X5 falls right in the middle for me, there are so many highlights but also so many downsides yet it's still one of the best games of the entire series for me, maybe right after X1. My personal ranking of the X series probably looks like 1 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 7 > 8 > 6 How about yours?

ARamdomGamer said:

Super Mario Bros., the original Castlevania, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Panel de Pon, can fire up a quick playthrough of them whenever and have a comfy time.

For longer sessions, Tales of Symphonia, the Style Savvy games, more so Styling Star. And replaying the Atelier games with time limit, sadly gone but the ones with it have one of my absolute favorite gameplay loops that put me in a state of zen.

I love all of these! Style Savvy kind of sccared me away because I don't know if I'm interested in fashion that much.