By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your favorite feel good games?

Sad that you can't play Deus Ex anymore, that's a bummer. I have a version on the PS3, maybe you could go for that?

I have played it too many times.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Tactics!

Mario Kart 8. Racing games in general have always been relaxing to me as long as I don't play in the highest difficulty.
Age of Empires II, though I haven't played it in a while.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Mario Kart 8. Racing games in general have always been relaxing to me as long as I don't play in the highest difficulty.

There's pre-blue-shell Mario Kart and post-blue-shell Mario Kart. One is fairly relaxing. The other is like being blindfolded and tied to a chair without any shoes while hungry rats scurry about the floor. You may end up keeping your toes...

While not quite as good as Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's Crafted World from the same developer are also quite cosy and mellow.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker!!!

I second this, brilliantly whimsical, charming, and elegantly constructed little game.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 July 2021

Around the Network

Forza Horizon 4 has been my go-to for a fairly chill and relaxing, turn off my brain game when I just want to unwind or am feeling stressed. 

If you're talking more in terms of like whimsical, magical, etc, Super Mario Galaxy has that effect on me. 

Overwatch is sort of like my gaming drug hehe. Games like Starcraft and Borderlands 2 also fulfill that sort of addictive, satisfying feel. Just endlessly enjoyable to me (though also sometimes maddening heh)

I also love taking a trip down memory lane with nostalgic classics - usually from the 16-bit era - like Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, F-Zero, etc..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Schoolmate

Nothing like going back to your virtual school and "talking" to your friends that you have created

Although I like Homemate more even if there's less customization

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

m0ney said:

Sad that you can't play Deus Ex anymore, that's a bummer. I have a version on the PS3, maybe you could go for that?

I have played it too many times.

Ohhhhh I see, I assumed it was a technical thing. Yeah I have that same feeling with Final Fantasy VI.

ArtX said:

Final Fantasy Tactics!

I think we're pretty overdue for another remake of this on modern consoles, or at least a version in the digital shops.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

I love both of these games!

mZuzek said:

I feel like the Bayonetta games can be really feel good if you're into hack n' slash.

Really? I thought Bayonetta was extremely punishing. Oftentimes I thought to myself that, well okay, that was a great fight, I'll surely have a good score at the end, but the game was like, yeah right bitch, here have your bronze medal.

Captain_Yuri said:

Schoolmate

Nothing like going back to your virtual school and "talking" to your friends that you have created

Although I like Homemate more even if there's less customization

Hmmm why do have a feeling that this might be nsfw...

Stardew Valley would also be another very chill game for me that I go back to every now and then, tho its fairly recent for me. Got into it a bit late (just last year) but man did I love it.

Another feel good game for me would be Hollow Knight. I know it may seem like a weird pick because the atmosphere comes off as depressing, but ever since I first played it back in 2017 its a game I keep coming back to. The music is so relaxing and the artwork is very beautiful. So yeah, very chill vibes for me. I usually skip the intense parts when I replay tho (by which I mean, Godhome)

Jpcc86 said:

Stardew Valley would also be another very chill game for me that I go back to every now and then, tho its fairly recent for me. Got into it a bit late (just last year) but man did I love it.

Another feel good game for me would be Hollow Knight. I know it may seem like a weird pick because the atmosphere comes off as depressing, but ever since I first played it back in 2017 its a game I keep coming back to. The music is so relaxing and the artwork is very beautiful. So yeah, very chill vibes for me. I usually skip the intense parts when I replay tho (by which I mean, Godhome)

Weirdly Godhome is one of my relaxing spots in Hollow Knight (not all of it, bare with me). I really love being able to fight the bosses without any penalty upon dying. It allowed me to better understand fights that I barely scrapped through in the main game (like the Traitor Lord) and practice for when I'm in a more serious mood and want to take on one of the Pantheons.

Signature goes here!