By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch OLED model just got announced.

OTBWY said:

Trailer just dropped randomly. Thoughts?

Where is the damn pro that was rumored?
This is just a new Screen + better speaker, and a lan port for the switch dock?

What? This feels like nintendo pulling a fast one on us.
You thought we were launching a new cool switch? ha.... heres same old switch, with a new screen!

Around the Network
Farsala said:
sc94597 said:

If internal specs are better will upgrade, if not will not. $399 for an OLED screen (as nice as it is) and better stand is too much imo.

Will it be $399?

Nope, I actually misread the article when googling. It will be $350. 

Still after taxes where I live that is about $375. Too much for an incremental upgrade. 

Where there is smoke there is fire, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninty had a version with new internals circulating but they instead decided to save them for their next gen machine

In Doug Bowsers own words
"Do you want to apply it on current existing hardware or platforms, or do you want to wait for the next platform? "

Roma said:

I was not expecting this today :O

I wonder what the specs are

Same specs as normal Switch, just a brighter screen, 64 gb of storage and better audio. From what I've been able to read. 

Yea big no for me.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:

Nothing new about specs apparently.
It's a big NO for me.

Shaunodon said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

What are the specs!!!!

OLED screen, better stand, better speakers, wired lan port (for the dock). No idea about the internal specs, but that was all that was advertised so it's probably all that's worth knowing.

"no noteworthy internal improvements"
Ei. = same old switch, same chip and tech insane.

The only thing they really did we increase the almost pitiful 32 gb storage to 64 gbs.
And add a new Oled + Speaker for it.

I still believe nintendo will launch a "real" new switch at some point.
This is just like... when sony or xbox, does a refresh of a model, like a slim model or add more storage space to models when sold.

JRPGfan said:
OTBWY said:

Trailer just dropped randomly. Thoughts?

Where is the damn pro that was rumored?
This is just a new Screen + better speaker, and a lan port for the switch dock?

What? This feels like nintendo pulling a fast one on us.
You thought we were launching a new cool switch? ha.... heres same old switch, with a new screen!

Again, I don't understand this mentality. 

Someone somewhere probably connected OLED screens with Nintendo at some point and insiders started talking about a Pro model. It went on to live its own life probably. It's on us pretty much.

TheTitaniumNub said:
Roma said:

I was not expecting this today :O

I wonder what the specs are

Same specs as normal Switch, just a brighter screen, 64 gb of storage and better audio. From what I've been able to read. 

The better audio (speakers) is only if your gameing in handheld mode, and same with the screen.
If your docked, those things basically do nothing for you.

64 GB of storage is still pitiful.

So... what are the chances of Nintendo making 2 releases of Hardware, Switch Oled and the supposed "Switch pro"? I believe it is very low...
A little disappointing, some people were putting a lot of hype on the supposed "switch pro", some even talking nonsense like DLSS making "switch pro" perform comparable to Series S...

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Glad to see that Nintendo did the sensible thing in every regard with this one. :)