By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch OLED model just got announced.

Signalstar said:

Just like Nintendo to make a major hardware announcement after E3

What major? That looked more than average yet below average.

Nintendo did the right step to not make a screaming for this kind of announcement. They just announced an average upgrade randomly (which is the way it deserved to be announced).

Around the Network

It looks really sleek! And that colour scheme looks really good together with Metroid Dread :)
And honestly happy that it seems to have the same hardware specs and to be fully backwards compatible. My biggest fear with all these Switch Pro rumours was being "forced" to double dip in order to play upcoming games.

sc94597 said:

If internal specs are better will upgrade, if not will not. $399 for an OLED screen (as nice as it is) and better stand is too much imo.

Will it be $399?

Farsala said:
sc94597 said:

If internal specs are better will upgrade, if not will not. $399 for an OLED screen (as nice as it is) and better stand is too much imo.

Will it be $399?

No, 350$

Bandorr said:

Disaster of a trailer.
Slightly bigger screen.
Bigger stand (That I'm shocked anyone actually ever uses).
Better Audio
And Ethernet port.

That's it. No comparisons. No resolution. No performance.

Was I suppose to be impressed by the random games they showed? Did they look different? Without a before and after I can't actually tell if the games look any better.

Is it on Nintendo though? Publications and insiders hyped up a Pro model and we ate it. 

Around the Network

Nice name, the Switch OLE!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

According to IGN - "– features a larger 7-inch OLED screen, a wider, adjustable base stand, enhanced audio, 64GB of internal storage, and a wired LAN port in the dock. Contrary to previous reports, the new model doesn't appear to offer 4K TV output, or improve performance."

So pretty much the biggest change is bigger screen and OLED. I guess great for those that don't have the OG Switch but I doubt many that have the OG would really need to upgrade to this.

Nintendo's going to save the 'pro' features for Switch 2.  Nintendo doesn't need to do much this gen.

Last edited by V-r0cK - on 06 July 2021

50 extra dollars for a brighter screen? LMFAOOOOOOO

OTBWY said:

Trailer just dropped randomly. Thoughts?

Where is the damn pro that was rumored?
This is just a new Screen + better speaker, and a lan port for the switch dock?

What? This feels like nintendo pulling a fast one on us.
You thought we were launching a new cool switch? ha.... heres same old switch, with a new screen!

Farsala said:
sc94597 said:

Will it be $399?

Nope, I actually misread the article when googling. It will be $350. 

Still after taxes where I live that is about $375. Too much for an incremental upgrade.