By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think they'll announces Switch Pro?

3rd half of this year?

Game awards this year?

Next year?

I'm still thinking about that 4k goodness docked . Hope It this year?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Probably just some random announcement like they usually do with hardware revisions.

At this rate I don't expect an announcement until January 2022 if it comes out in March or not until E3 2022 if it comes out holiday 2022. The Switch wasn't officially unveiled until a few months before launch.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Probably early next year. Nintendo's console cycle periods usually run for 5 years (the GC and Wii life cycle were 5 years and Wii U was 4 years) so I'm expecting their next console to be the switch successor, not an upgrade version of the switch.

either just before the holidays... or early 2022.

Around the Network

If we take the Switch Lite route, next month

If we don't, when the Switch will start to fall from that infamous cliff

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

trunkswd said:

At this rate I don't expect an announcement until January 2022 if it comes out in March or not until E3 2022 if it comes out holiday 2022. The Switch wasn't officially unveiled until a few months before launch.

Exactly same thought, with Zelda BotW 2 along with it on March. 

If we still have problem with the Switch demand/production, I don't know then haha, they are going to start thinking about Switch 2 probably.

When they're getting ready to release Breath of the Wild 2.

Pinkie_pie said:

Probably early next year. Nintendo's console cycle periods usually run for 5 years (the GC and Wii life cycle were 5 years and Wii U was 4 years) so I'm expecting their next console to be the switch successor, not an upgrade version of the switch.

Wii life cycle was 6 years.

OP: Switch XL should be announced early 2022 with a release within this fiscal year, probably March 2022. A proper Switch successor should follow 2025. If no Switch XL will be released, a Switch successor should launch 2024.

There's still a chance that a Switch XL will be released this year. Switch Lite was announced 10th July and released 20th September. Imo there's no real need for new Nintendo hardware this year. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft still struggle to satisfy the demand of hardware and Nintendo is still selling out all competitors combined.

dx11332sega said:

3rd half of this year?

3rd... half? There are only 2 halves in a year

Anyways, I'm 50/50 about whether it will ever even exist. Wouldn't be surprised if their next console releases in either 2022 or 2023, so there isn't a whole lot of time to get a Switch "pro" out in that time.