By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope revealed for Switch, coming 2022

The first game needs a physical GotY edition damnit! Also, super hyped for this. 2022 is shaping up to be amazing with Mario X Rabbids 2, Splatoon 3, Poke'mon Legends, and BotW2 (if it doesn't release this year that is). We're six months until 2022 and already know about 4 first or 2nd party exclusives coming to the system. Usually about this time we know next to nothing about what is coming out next year. Anybody remember this time about 2020? We knew jack all of what was coming out in 2021. Same goes for 2019, and 2018. Nintendo has a habit of keeping a lot of games under wraps until 3 to 6 months prior to release. This news really has me pleased. :)

Around the Network

The link is down. This was 100% an accidental reveal.

sundin13 said:

The link is down. This was 100% an accidental reveal.

The link still works for me.

Can't wait to see this in action

Well, that's underwhelming, not for me definitely

Let's hope they have another thing for this E3, something scheduled for this year preferably

Around the Network

The first game was so bland and boring. It had a few good humorous moments but it felt so 'artificial'. If you didn't have the context of the creator literally crying at E3 it would seem like the most inhuman product imaginable. Bland writing, ESPECIALLY bland music and a fairly repetitive set up. Good gameplay though. I think it says a lot that most of the discussion online is still about how "surprising it was that it was decent" and not whether or not it's actually a great game.

It had a very good foundation but the most bland structure was ressurected on top of it. This game would have to be at least 1.4x better to be worth a damn.

Loved the first game! Really excited for this one. Switch 2022 is shaping up nicely.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The first game was so bland and boring. It had a few good humorous moments but it felt so 'artificial'. If you didn't have the context of the creator literally crying at E3 it would seem like the most inhuman product imaginable. Bland writing, ESPECIALLY bland music and a fairly repetitive set up. Good gameplay though. I think it says a lot that most of the discussion online is still about how "surprising it was that it was decent" and not whether or not it's actually a great game.

It had a very good foundation but the most bland structure was ressurected on top of it. This game would have to be at least 1.4x better to be worth a damn.

No, it wasn't just decent, it was a damn good SRPG game. Did you expect a crossover between Rabbids, who communicate only in screams, and Mario characters to have a rich and nuanced story? If so, I think the problems lied with your expectations.  

JWeinCom said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

No, it wasn't just decent, it was a damn good SRPG game. Did you expect a crossover between Rabbids, who communicate only in screams, and Mario characters to have a rich and nuanced story? If so, I think the problems lied with your expectations.  

No, I expected the game to be interesting. Instead what we got was a bland ass soundtrack, a pitiful roster in the base game, and a structure that sets in repetiton fast. If anything, the game actually tries to be more story centric than I would have ever expected, and if you're going to do that you could at least try to make your story interesting (note: interesting does not mean pretentious, complicated, or even conventionally well written). 

Again the gameplay is good - it's actually much better than any of the post Fates FE games in that regard - but the game is simply dull as shit. It does a few quirky things in the beginning that work and hours later those same things are the tricks it's still hiding up its sleeve. 

Green-black rabbid looking slick. Nice!