By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your positive gaming hot takes?

Might not be a hot-take a lot of people agree with ... well, then again, I guess that's what makes it a hot-take : P But here goes: 

The Xbox 360's high profile third party exclusives are as good as a Playstation consoles. Dead Rising, Mass Effect, and Tales of Vesperia are great, probably some of my favorites of all time. And while I don't really like it, Bioshock is a pretty important game, too. We could also include Gears in that now that I'm thinking about it, since Microsoft didn't actually buy the franchise till 2014, and didn't own Epic Games.

I think this aspect of the 360 is a bit more underplayed in hindsight because a lot of those games ended up multiplatform the same generation, but if you look at a lot of third party exclusives on Playstation consoles that is the case as well (especially on the PS2). 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Recent hot take, Biomutant is a lot of fun and deserved better.

...Yeah, of course I'm playing that.

ya furry perv.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

TruckOSaurus said:

I'll echo Kakadu's take on Skyward Sword having one of the best combat system in the Zelda series and it's mostly due to the motion controls.

I didn't think I had anything for this thread, but this is it for me.  Big time agreement here.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

mZuzek said:
Runa216 said:

ya furry perv.

A shame you see it that way.

Oh shush, ain't nobody on here a bigger furry perv than me. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Shiken said:
TheTitaniumNub said:

Banjo Kazooie Nut N Bolts is actually really, really, good, on par with the originals. The writing is still hilarious and witty and the the graphics are pretty nice looking still for a game from 08. Nuts N Bolts is a lot of fun and gets way too much hate.

Bioshock 2 gets a lot of unnecessary hate, I'd go as far to say it's the best in the series and that Bioshock Infinite is the worst in the series and gets too much love.

Dark Souls 2 gets A LOT of unnecessary hate also, and it's a real shame, it's a very good Souls game with the 3 expansions being the best DLCs so far in the Souls franchise. Souls 2 is honestly one of my favorite games of all time honestly

Resident Evil 0 is also I think a very very good RE game that gets hated on a bit too much, the biggest complaint I always see is the inventory/swapping characters mechanic and I never had a problem with it personally. Billy and Rebecca are great characters, Capcom should do something with them again.

I always loved RE0 and never had any problems with it.  Most of the hate I saw for it came from a buddy of mine (who is a huge RE nut) that simply hated the game because it was not on PS2 since the net was still a baby back then.  My experience with it was so positive I was unaware that people had problems with it at all for a good while.

I miss the days when you just enjoyed games for what they were, without very vocal "critics" trying to pick everything apart on forums.  Nothing wrong with constructive criticism...it was just a simpler time is all.

Me too honestly. I really love RE0, It's definitely one of my favorite RE games. Yup, the internet wasn't like how it is now, it's so easy to just "spread the word" now. 

Around the Network

I'm not sure if this is a hot take but FF15 is underrated!

Alright, I have another one.

For as much love as the Final Fantasy franchise gets, I almost never hear anyone talk about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. What a fantastic game. Maybe because it is a portable game? I feel like people are missing out on that one.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

mZuzek said:
Runa216 said:

Oh shush, ain't nobody on here a bigger furry perv than me. 

A shame you're like that.

You must be new to the internet! Here's a voucher for one Rick Roll and a ticket to the BME Pain Olympics (DO NOT ACTUALLY SEEK THIS)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

hinch said:

FF13's combat system is one of the most fun and best battle systems in any Final Fantasy.

I was about to post about Final Fantasy XIII, since I'm playing it right now.

Lots of people complain about this game, and while I can understand what they mean, I'm having a lot of fun with it. The dungeons may be a bit boring, but I'm loving the plot, the cinematics, the characters...

It's already one of my favorite mainline FFs.

Hmm.

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest in terms of gameplay, is the closest any FE has gotten to being as good as Path of Radiance. Won't disagree that the story is pretty silly most of the time in execution (even if some of its ideas are good on paper), but it doesn't override the amount of fun I had in Conquest with its fantastic level design and tight challenge.