By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your positive gaming hot takes?

IcaroRibeiro said:

Games that take risks on design, worldbulding, mechanics or story should have more appreciation. It's better to have a sequel that commits to strong changes in the experience than a sequel that looks exactly the same game with better graphics (if at all) 

Edit: I haven't that in mind when typing this, but TLDR version is FF is much better than DQ :p 

and God of War 2018 is infinitely superior to the original PS2/3 games. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I just thought of another one:

I find it absurd when people complain about the length of a game being too short to be a full retail game. I got more out of Portal 2 and Miles Morales than the mindless bloat of other games. As a grown-assed adult who has a lot to do, I'd often much rather have a compressed 3-5 hour story that's all great than a 20 hour story that's got lots of filler. I do think there's a lot of room for the true, never-ending epics and open world stuff (I love those games, too), but to claim a game is inferior because it's short just seems silly to me.

Nobody would watch a movie, say 'it was only an hour and a half, therefore it's not as good as Lord of the Rings'. That would be simply asanine. A game's length really shouldn't be that large of a determining factor. Its replay value, fun factor, and a bunch of other stuff should come first.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Dreamcast is the most fun system of its generation and aged better than most PS2 3rd party games. Still a better console than anything from the 7th or 8th gen.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Nintendo's approach of not participating in the graphics arms race and instead looking for other ways to push the envelope is a good thing as it brought us some of the most amazing games and systems of all time, and the Switch and Wii would've been significantly less exciting if they'd just been a Nintendo branded Xbox 360/PS4.