By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your positive gaming hot takes?

Even though I might sound like a broken record I'm still going to say these:

The Wii U Gamepad is fantastic.

I really enjoy Star Fox Zero and have nearly 100h of playtime.

Final Fantasy XIII is a great game.

As for something recent, I appreciate that Konami slowly tries to come back into gaming again.

Around the Network

Cosmetic DLC adds to the experience for most that buy it.

It's like wearing a band shirt, you're representing something you're passionate about in game or just a aesthetic choice you like the look of. If it makes more money for the devs, cool. Games haven't changed price in years outside a few publishers despite costs to make games (apparently) going up drastically. Something had to give.

Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest is the best Castlevania game.

Lower selling games and consoles can be quite good! IE: Flops aren't necessarily bad games or systems.

On a similar note: A game with an atrocious launch concerning bugs/crashes can still be innovative and an excellent game at its core.

Banjo Kazooie Nut N Bolts is actually really, really, good, on par with the originals. The writing is still hilarious and witty and the the graphics are pretty nice looking still for a game from 08. Nuts N Bolts is a lot of fun and gets way too much hate.

Bioshock 2 gets a lot of unnecessary hate, I'd go as far to say it's the best in the series and that Bioshock Infinite is the worst in the series and gets too much love.

Dark Souls 2 gets A LOT of unnecessary hate also, and it's a real shame, it's a very good Souls game with the 3 expansions being the best DLCs so far in the Souls franchise. Souls 2 is honestly one of my favorite games of all time honestly

Resident Evil 0 is also I think a very very good RE game that gets hated on a bit too much, the biggest complaint I always see is the inventory/swapping characters mechanic and I never had a problem with it personally. Billy and Rebecca are great characters, Capcom should do something with them again.

Last edited by TheTitaniumNub - on 02 June 2021

Around the Network
TheTitaniumNub said:

Banjo Kazooie Nut N Bolts is actually really, really, good, on par with the originals. The writing is still hilarious and witty and the the graphics are pretty nice looking still for a game from 08. Nuts N Bolts is a lot of fun and gets way too much hate.

Bioshock 2 gets a lot of unnecessary hate, I'd go as far to say it's the best in the series and that Bioshock Infinite is the worst in the series and gets too much love.

Dark Souls 2 gets A LOT of unnecessary hate also, and it's a real shame, it's a very good Souls game with the 3 expansions being the best DLCs so far in the Souls franchise. Souls 2 is honestly one of my favorite games of all time honestly

Resident Evil 0 is also I think a very very good RE game that gets hated on a bit too much, the biggest complaint I always see is the inventory/swapping characters mechanic and I never had a problem with it personally. Billy and Rebecca are great characters, Capcom should do something with them again.

I always loved RE0 and never had any problems with it.  Most of the hate I saw for it came from a buddy of mine (who is a huge RE nut) that simply hated the game because it was not on PS2 since the net was still a baby back then.  My experience with it was so positive I was unaware that people had problems with it at all for a good while.

I miss the days when you just enjoyed games for what they were, without very vocal "critics" trying to pick everything apart on forums.  Nothing wrong with constructive criticism...it was just a simpler time is all.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Signalstar said:

PlayStation Now has an awesome library and offer amazing value for a yearly subscription.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was a ton of fun. I had no idea how much some fans hated this entry. It is still my favorite Smash game.

I'm with you on Brawl and I'll even go further and say that the online was great and tons of fun (provided you had a group of people on your friends list like we had on VGC)

Signature goes here!

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was a great game and a great proof of concept that failed unfairly. It was a fresh take on the brawler fighting game and a respectable alternative to the admittedly superior Smash Bros. I am really disappointed we never got a sequel, it had tonnes of potential.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES was a classic. People just didn't take the time to learn how deep of a game it was because it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

d21lewis said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES was a classic. People just didn't take the time to learn how deep of a game it was because it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I loved that game, but I could never get past stage 4. Still loved it.