By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your positive gaming hot takes?

PlayStation Now has an awesome library and offer amazing value for a yearly subscription.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was a ton of fun. I had no idea how much some fans hated this entry. It is still my favorite Smash game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

PSVR is the best thing to come to consoles since analog sticks. PSVR 2.0 is set to be incredible, no doubt adding on to the massive library of innovative games that already exist for PSVR.

I really want PSVR, but the cost is keeping me away from it. I'm hoping for a good sale, but that will be tough. I don't know if it will ever get a permanent price drop soon or even when PSVR 2.0 comes out. The PS5 has been out since November 2020, and the PS4 still hasn't gotten a price cut. The Slim has been $300 (as the default price) since it launched in 2016.

Since I've had more time to mull it over, I have a few more positive takes to mention that weren't on my post earlier today.

-I could care less what difficulty people play a game on. I think it's great that plenty of games have an easy or casual mode. Or best of all, they have options that go from very easy or easy to intense. I think having more difficulty options is a great thing that lets more people enjoy the story, atmosphere, music, and gameplay of a game.

-EA's Star Wars Battlefront II is tons of fun. It's either on the level of the classic duo of Battlefront games, or not too far off.

-3DS and Vita deserve more love than they get. I prefer the 3DS over the DS, and I enjoy the Vita a lot (never had a PSP).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

- Kingdom Hearts is a great franchise

- Xbox deserves and earned it's place in the gaming industry

- Gamepass best value in gaming, and isn't changing the industry for the worse

- PSP best gaming handheld

- Halo shouldn't have sprint but rather a movement increase

- Playstation games will eventually launch on PC day 1 in years to come

I think Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolds was an awesome game.

ice said:

- Kingdom Hearts is a great franchise

- Xbox deserves and earned it's place in the gaming industry

- Gamepass best value in gaming, and isn't changing the industry for the worse

- PSP best gaming handheld

- Halo shouldn't have sprint but rather a movement increase

- Playstation games will eventually launch on PC day 1 in years to come

I agree with most of those.  But, I don't think most of them are very controversial, so I don't know that they're really "hot takes".

Around the Network

The Wii is one of the best consoles of all time.

Chrono Cross, in regards to the plot, is an excellent follow up to Chrono Trigger.

Skyward Sword is better than Ocarina of Time.

Four Swords Adventures is Zelda co op done right.

Gears of War 5 was a good game.

Ratchet and Clank looks amazing.

SMTV is now one of my most anticipated games now that I am experiencing Nocturne.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best games on 3DS and one of the most unique games that I have played recently from Nintendo.

I'm genuinely having a hard time coming up with anything.

I could say I'd like some games to have more DLC but some people would perceive it as a negative take, so yeah.

Oh, and Dragon Age II is fine. Really.

Runa216 said:
Kakadu18 said:

What exactly was the issue with the motion controls? I'm curious, because I never had any issues. Why didn't it work?

You know the joycon drift? Imagine that but 10x worse and I needed to recalibrate every 5 minutes. For some reason, no matter what I did or what I used (I tried it with a WiiMotion+ attachment and a wiimote with the enhancement built in), it was constantly drifting, none of the puzzles worked, and it seemed like more fuss than it was worth. 

There's one puzzle early on where you gotta trick three eyes to get dizzy at the same time by pointing your sword out and going in circles. I figured out the trick on the practice eyes no problem, but when it came time to actually do it, I couldn't get it to work for like half an hour. I knew what I had to do, I watched Youtube Walkthroughs, I consulted FAQs...but no matter what I did, it didn't seem to work for the better part of an hour...until it just...worked! I didn't do anything different, but it just randomly decided it worked! 

I want to like Skyward sword (Despite my reputation on here I don't actually like hating things - hence why I made this thread), but man it pissed me off something fierce. 

You're not alone although I had different issues. The eye part worked for me, yet sword fighting never worked. It either didn't respond or responded to me bringing my hand back to try again. Stabs, no matter how perfectly straight I jabbed the wii mote at the tv, only registered 20% of the time. Right and left slashes often mixed up, it was a frustrating experience. That while I had no issues with gladiator duel on sports champions, got very far in that. The wii motes just didn't work for me, tried several ones. The pointer was iffy as well, but this was all motion recognition. No 1:1 movement, just gesture recognition which kept going wrong. I'm sure I didn't hold the wii motes backwards or upside down lol.

I gave up on it, came back to it, gave up on it again, came back another time, and finally put it to rest the 3rd time I had battle the imprisoned. The wii mote had a mind of its own, killing me over and over with that annoying unskippable cut scene playing again and again. It pissed me off so much I broke a wii mote in half, hence didn't go back a 4th time lol.

The Switch version might get me to play it again, if you can play it on tv without motion controls. (Left stick has drift though, hope it won't be an issue)

Wman1996 said:
SvennoJ said:

PSVR is the best thing to come to consoles since analog sticks. PSVR 2.0 is set to be incredible, no doubt adding on to the massive library of innovative games that already exist for PSVR.

I really want PSVR, but the cost is keeping me away from it. I'm hoping for a good sale, but that will be tough. I don't know if it will ever get a permanent price drop soon or even when PSVR 2.0 comes out. The PS5 has been out since November 2020, and the PS4 still hasn't gotten a price cut. The Slim has been $300 (as the default price) since it launched in 2016.

Since I've had more time to mull it over, I have a few more positive takes to mention that weren't on my post earlier today.

-I could care less what difficulty people play a game on. I think it's great that plenty of games have an easy or casual mode. Or best of all, they have options that go from very easy or easy to intense. I think having more difficulty options is a great thing that lets more people enjoy the story, atmosphere, music, and gameplay of a game.

-EA's Star Wars Battlefront II is tons of fun. It's either on the level of the classic duo of Battlefront games, or not too far off.

-3DS and Vita deserve more love than they get. I prefer the 3DS over the DS, and I enjoy the Vita a lot (never had a PSP).

Our dollar was still good when PSVR came out and I already had the camera and move controllers. I actually bought a second one on Black friday 2 years later, CAD 200 with 2 games (and camera) Moss and Astrobot which I wanted, plus a CAD 50 credit towards other games. Too good a deal to pass up and since we had ps4 and ps4 pro we could play multiplayer games in vr. Move controllers are a rip off though, need to find those second hand.

And indeed, difficulty levels are as much accessibility options as all the other things being praised.