By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Ryuu96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah.... can't imagine anyone seeing your posts and thinking you wanted to move stuff to Discord sorry for the confusi... oh, wait it's literally here again in the same post in a not even veiled threat from a moderator/Owner of a thread (wasn't even aware people referred to being the OP of a thread to "owning" a thread). Nice to see reaction images from 2009 though, Bringing the site right up to date.

You complained about my IM comment which didn't mention Discord at all, it was a reference to how this thread is talking about any random ol stuff and that VGChartz used to have a IM service for users to just come in and post whatever they want to each other from what I'm told.

Take that stick out dude, you questioned my commitment to the website, I've put far more effort into helping this site than you ever have, that's why I reacted like that, you're the one turning the mood of this thread right now by reacting so shitty to a simple joke.

If you question my commitment, my response is showing you that if I wasn't committed, I could just do this/that/etc but I don't, it wasn't a threat but a statement of fact, I put a ton of effort into Empire and trying to foster a good community for it, I've put a ton of effort in behind the scenes helping multiple staff, I don't appreciate your shitty attitude questioning that.

What shitty attitude? And what stick? I'm simply replying to the stuff you posted right here with direct quotes of what you are saying, if you think that sounds shit that's on you. I have literally no interest in your appreciation or lack thereof of my posts, again if you want to read them over and see that I'm just pointing out what you said and pointing how it is lending itself towards the downward spiral of single page short views to this site then I can't help that.

This is the second post of yours which has questioned / attacked me as a poster and my demeanor rather than the content of the posts. No interest in that. Or do you mean that your mood turned poor when I pointed out that your "joke" is a picture from 12 years ago? This single post also says that I questioned your commitment to this site, I simply pointed out that you have posted about taking an action which would migrate traffic from here to Discord. Drop the swearing please if you don't mind though.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ganoncrotch said:

For anyone wondering about the current trends of traffic here, the increasing Bounce rate isn't good, that's where a person effectively comes to a single page on the site and then leaves, the 1.8 pageviews per visitor implies that people land on the front page or else directly into their thread of choice, spend 2 minutes on it and leave or some opt to click to the next page of a thread or click on a single news article on the front page.

But just in case there is any thinking that this site is on the way up, no, the bounce going up is a bad thing (although 40% is still okay for a site, slightly less so for a forum because a single post would not count as a bounce.)

Our overall Alexa rank from what I've seen has been in the 60k-70k range during the non-holiday periods, with it getting a boost from November to January or February before it goes back down again. 

I hadn't checked it since I left this site a couple of years back but don't recall the trends back then, as others pointed out in here, the "wars" is one of the things which gets really lively conversation going on here and right now there just isn't any, the majority of players are just playing their games, Nintendo have created a nice ECO system with the Switch and the PS4 seems to have dominated the "HDtwins" war so much that it preemptively took the next war already because of the people coming from the ps4 directly into the ps5 with no bumps on the road.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ryuu96 said:

Someone should make a thread on Epic vs Apple, that shit ain't boring, Tim looking like a damn fool.

A lot of interesting court documents too.

Sweeney or Cook?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ryuu96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

What shitty attitude? And what stick? I'm simply replying to the stuff you posted right here with direct quotes of what you are saying, if you think that sounds shit that's on you. I have literally no interest in your appreciation or lack thereof of my posts, again if you want to read them over and see that I'm just pointing out what you said and pointing how it is lending itself towards the downward spiral of single page short views to this site then I can't help that.

This is the second post of yours which has questioned / attacked me as a poster and my demeanor rather than the content of the posts. No interest in that. Or do you mean that your mood turned poor when I pointed out that your "joke" is a picture from 12 years ago? This single post also says that I questioned your commitment to this site, I simply pointed out that you have posted about taking an action which would migrate traffic from here to Discord. Drop the swearing please if you don't mind though.

Nowhere in my IM post did I mention Discord, I did not say "lets go to Discord everyone!" I was joking around that this thread is low-key turning into an IM because of some of the posts, there's literally some dude talking about pants on the last page, I was making fun of that, by IM I mean, a general area which users just post about whatever they want, which would be this thread.

I'm not even in a VGChartz Discord right now, Lmao. You're the one who read my initial comment wrong and came in with a crappy attitude questioning my commitment to the site, I either want it to remain as it is or want it to get worse, which is nonsense.

I didn't say I would leave for Discord, I said if I wasn't committed I could just pack up shop and leave to Discord but am I? No, I've done a lot of work behind the scenes for this site, I literally returned to this site for the community, to try to grow it further, I was pointing out how your comment doesn't make sense based on my actions.

And yes, you've annoyed me quite a bit, because you don't know shit about what I've been doing for the site but still decided to question it based on a joke I made.

I think the majority of the issue here comes from the fact that I've not been active here for a while and you think that people should check in on what you've been doing on this forum before making a post that says "that dude up there says to chip off to discord" Sorry that's not going to happen, if the recent history of behind the scenes work is required reading before making a post on here you can probably see why the site would be in decline / people might be hesitant to post here? No?

Ryuu96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I think the majority of the issue here comes from the fact that I've not been active here for a while and you think that people should check in on what you've been doing on this forum before making a post that says "that dude up there says to chip off to discord" Sorry that's not going to happen, if the recent history of behind the scenes work is required reading before making a post on here you can probably see why the site would be in decline / people might be hesitant to post here? No?

Maybe don't comment on something you don't know anything about, would be helpful, yes.

@Bold, I didn't say that, I don't know how many times that needs repeating, I did not tell people to go to Discord, I did not say I'm going to Discord, you're the one who brought up Discord first.

I essentially said if I'm not committed, I WOULD but I am committed and so I don't.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9292278

No, I was not.

Around the Network

I never visit the 'Nation' threads.

Thought I'd just.. mention that bit of.. intel.

Are the discord chatrooms still a thing? Maybe get rid of those, because many users from here actually used to talk quite a lot about all kinds of stuff, just not here but on discord. Don't know if that's still the case.

it used to be a more interesting place back when it had all the weekly game sales tracking

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

BraLoD said:
Eagle367 said:

They're the silent type

Some of them are real party harders bro, do you even talk to number #63? :o

You should avoid #63 she's done some stuff.

On a serious note, why couldn't a thread I was actually interested in talking about get this popular? I made this thread on a whim because I was honestly like: Man this site has gotten boring, at least for me. And now it has like 150 posts or something. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

because people love controversy, that some don't understand it is a different story

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.