By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Shinobi-san said:
Ryuu96 said:

Nation threads are an integral part of VGChartz, taking them away would be an awful idea and end up in even more users leaving, I'm fairly certain if I closed Empire, most of the Xbox users would move to Discord instead. If you want to, you could always easily make a thread instead of waiting for someone else to, maybe I will start making threads from the news I post but I don't want to feel like I'm hoarding it all and it's all on me to post.

Honestly, I think Nation threads are the easy thing to blame but that doesn't look deeper than the surface.

I'll speak being the owner of Empire, I've made it clear that Empire is welcome to anyone, I make it clear I don't really care if you play your Xbox titles on Console, PC, Mobile, etc. We've called Microsoft out on the bad stuff but this is from users who know each other well, obviously if your first post in the thread is a negative one, it's going to look a little suspect? Lol.

Hell the only reason I joined this website was the Nation threads, Lol.

Just one disclaimer here, my post had 4 or 5 points and they were in no particular order. I would say the lack of focus on Sales threads is the most important point I raised. If we were to run a survey I'd say its the main reason most older users have joined.

Also i mistakenly have pointed out "Nation" threads, but what im really referring to is an over reliance on any and all "Mega" threads. This was not a target on the Xbox nation thread.

Its quite simple for me....I see an update on the Xbox Nation thread, I'm interested, I go in I am lost. I see an update on the PS Nation thread, I'm interested, I go in I am lost. I see an update on the PC thread, I go in and im lost. I see an update on CGI's mega graphics thread and I'm pretty lost there too. We have a few of them and its really hard to navigate, it definitely limits threads on the forum, because the guys who maintain nation threads are generally the most active on the site. I know a lot of people on the forum will not participate in and become a part of a mega thread. There are parameters within these threads, whether unspoken or spoken that are separate from outside of these threads.

"obviously if your first post in the thread is a negative one, it's going to look a little suspect? Lol."

I think the above line pretty much sums it up. No issue with it, it is just the reality. 

There is a place for these threads, especially for smaller news articles that don't warrant a thread, but given the lack of news threads on the forum I would say its gotten to a point where these threads are imperative. Also in my post im not saying it must be removed or anything like that, just giving my opinion on why the Forum seems boring.

I agree with you on the mega threads. I think if the weekly Famitsu thread would be one mega-thread instead of single threads each week, I would've stopped following them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Here I am without pants! Who's boring now?!

Your signature is very fitting 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

In my opinion, I wouldn't say it has gotten boring, but it has got a lot less interesting. I see the same group of people making most the threads, and some of these threads are questionable. But I'm saying that as someone who isn't interested in game sales and shit, or the latest updates on games/console wars.

Ryuu96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9292278

No, I was not.

I also brought it up earlier than that in my huge post but clearly I'm talking about in reference to this debate.

You read my IM post incorrectly and decided to be a dick about it.

Don't see what is wrong with my comment there either though, it's a statement of fact, users have left before when Nation threads were targeted, it's fairly obvious that if Empire was to be closed, users would likely move to Discord, it's the new popular gaming client which does essentially the same thing as Empire does, it's common sense, I know for a fact that folk have reduced their posting already on VGC due to Discord.

About done with this debate though, we're shitting up the thread.

Actually, I am done, I'm pretty sure you also pissed off Talon once before with this type of attitude, if ya want you can report me and a Moderator can handle it but I'd suggest you take a look at your own attitude first.

Maybe having people who help the site who get so personally impacted by any form of critical post on here to the point of still feeling upset about a post made to someone else over 2 years ago could be part and parcel of the issue?

But alas I fear you have latched to the "Storm has an attitude" even basing your feelings on comments towards someone else literally years ago. Look, Good luck with the Nation and maybe at some stage you can read over the posts and see that I was just directly referencing what you yourself said. If part of that was meant as a joke or a reference to an older part of the site (the IM's) then I completely missed that because of having no involvement in this site for a long time and just missed the joke, so my bad on that. Sometimes it being hard to read a tone in text form is the only thing I would suggest to consider. You mention attitude a lot and I think you have that in your head and then project it onto black and white words.

I'll go back to lurking news articles here though if you would rather? I rather not cause ire here

On the topic though, those are always great draws to the site.

How to bring VGC into the present, Would ye ever consider combining those news articles together into a youtube video and then directing the viewers to come here to check out the full videos? Kinda how WrestletalkTV channel and site works. Format is rather easy just a brief headline and the opinion of the presenter on the news and then a direction to the article in comments / description. Such content nearly creates itself because of the quality of the news articles here already being a perfect script for said videos.

I've noticed that there's a lot of youtubers who visit this site from Arlo, DXsega, (the dad with the kids who played skylanders... I forgot the name) and a few others, might drum up a lot of interest to have a competition of sorts to create content for the site and the winner gets access to the news a bit before it goes live and dunno, a bronze supporter month? ?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CGI-Quality said:
Shinobi-san said:

I see an update on CGI's mega graphics thread and I'm pretty lost there too.

Never thought of that Art thread thread as 'mega'. More of a classroom for the less savvy!

I used to go in that thread and look at some of those screenshots, then open a thread on the ps4 / x1 comparing 720p/900p content and belly laugh ??

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

- Xbox continues to lose most battles but MS deep pockets mean they're winning the war, in other words, the brand losses and mismanagement mean nothing in the long run, Xbox fans need only to point out to the X number of studios Phil has bought and will buy to justify their allegiance. The Xbox empire thread recent posts are mostly about salivating over which Studio Phil should buy next, which is funny, but Xbox fans seem happy.

Takes like these are why some people post in the empire to begin with, thanks for the example. Also for someone named lurker you seem to be slacking because acquisition talk hasn't been there in a while.

Ganoncrotch said:
Ryuu96 said:

I also brought it up earlier than that in my huge post but clearly I'm talking about in reference to this debate.

You read my IM post incorrectly and decided to be a dick about it.

Don't see what is wrong with my comment there either though, it's a statement of fact, users have left before when Nation threads were targeted, it's fairly obvious that if Empire was to be closed, users would likely move to Discord, it's the new popular gaming client which does essentially the same thing as Empire does, it's common sense, I know for a fact that folk have reduced their posting already on VGC due to Discord.

About done with this debate though, we're shitting up the thread.

Actually, I am done, I'm pretty sure you also pissed off Talon once before with this type of attitude, if ya want you can report me and a Moderator can handle it but I'd suggest you take a look at your own attitude first.

Maybe having people who help the site who get so personally impacted by any form of critical post on here to the point of still feeling upset about a post made to someone else over 2 years ago could be part and parcel of the issue?

But alas I fear you have latched to the "Storm has an attitude" even basing your feelings on comments towards someone else literally years ago. Look, Good luck with the Nation and maybe at some stage you can read over the posts and see that I was just directly referencing what you yourself said. If part of that was meant as a joke or a reference to an older part of the site (the IM's) then I completely missed that because of having no involvement in this site for a long time and just missed the joke, so my bad on that. Sometimes it being hard to read a tone in text form is the only thing I would suggest to consider. You mention attitude a lot and I think you have that in your head and then project it onto black and white words.

Nah, as the 3rd party reading this thread you definitely projected a hostile attitude for no reason over a clear joke.

LittleSnake said:
Leynos said:

Here I am without pants! Who's boring now?!

Your signature is very fitting 

When you listen to the Lords of Thunder OST. You rock out with your cockpit out!

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 06 May 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

axumblade said:
Leynos said:

When you listen to the Lords of Thunder OST. You rock out with your cockpit out!

How do you keep your legs in such great shape? :( 

Run n Gun!

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 May 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

axumblade said:
Leynos said:

How do you keep your legs in such great shape? :( 

Don't skip leg day 

Sometimes it feels like the comments sections of the news articles are more alive than the forum itself.