By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Peh said:

If a thread in the hot topics about opinions on drinking water doesn't tell you where this site is going, then I don't know what will.

This post got a spit take from me, well played sir.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

In less than 24 hours this thread has had over 140 posts, which I want to say is a good sign that enough of us care about the site and with the right topics can get people discussing things.

Yet directly above yours is a moderator who says that Nation threads are not the issue on this site who also wants to move the conversation from the only active thread on VGchartz into an IM somewhere? On discord? Yeah you start to see the solution which is that people want the place to be better and the problem in the fact that there are those who would like it to stay the way it is on here or even worse.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ryuu96 said:

Someone should make a thread on Epic vs Apple, that shit ain't boring, Tim looking like a damn fool.

A lot of interesting court documents too.

I'm fairly certain this is an oxymoron

Leynos said:

Pants are boring. I'm declaring VGChartz a no-pants zone! NO PANTS ALLOWED!

An oldie but a goodie

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Ryuu96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yet directly above yours is a moderator who says that Nation threads are not the issue on this site who also wants to move the conversation from the only active thread on VGchartz into an IM somewhere? On discord? Yeah you start to see the solution which is that people want the place to be better and the problem in the fact that there are those who would like it to stay the way it is on here or even worse.

Brah,

I didn't even mention taking the conversation to Discord

I want VGC to be better....Lmao, If I wanted to I could close Empire and move solely to Discord

Yeah.... can't imagine anyone seeing your posts and thinking you wanted to move stuff to Discord sorry for the confusi... oh, wait it's literally here again in the same post in a not even veiled threat from a moderator/Owner of a thread (wasn't even aware people referred to being the OP of a thread to "owning" a thread). Nice to see reaction images from 2009 though, Bringing the site right up to date.

Around the Network

Based on how this has gone the solution to making things more fun is clear I think. The mods should all spend literally 24/7 posting in threads, their jobs and relationships be damned!

For me, it's just life being too busy and timing.

For the past **checks watch** nearly half a year!? I've been working non-stop. So finding time to log in and craft any sort of post that passes as remotely coherent has just been outside of the realm of possibility for me recently.

Further complicating matters (even since I first joined) is that, while I look through a fair number of threads, there are only so many that actually inspire a response in me. So then I think, okay, when I finish this project and then have this free time I'll finally post a repl - oh the last post was a month ago or three months ago or etc.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not unique in this, I just wanted to add my input.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Ganoncrotch said:
Ryuu96 said:

Brah,

I didn't even mention taking the conversation to Discord

I want VGC to be better....Lmao, If I wanted to I could close Empire and move solely to Discord

Yeah.... can't imagine anyone seeing your posts and thinking you wanted to move stuff to Discord sorry for the confusi... oh, wait it's literally here again in the same post in a not even veiled threat from a moderator/Owner of a thread (wasn't even aware people referred to being the OP of a thread to "owning" a thread). Nice to see reaction images from 2009 though, Bringing the site right up to date.

can you imagine asking for permission starting a thread on certain topics

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Eagle367 said:

Is it just me or has Vgchartz started becoming more and more boring? Even the sales charts which used to be fun are ruined by some people who have a problem with some consoles doing better. I feel like I'm seeing a lot less diversity of people in the chats and it's always the usual suspects. Some of the people of enjoyed chatting with are participating less and less. Whenever there's a lively chat, it's almost always people arguing instead of having a fun chat. And the chats which seem like they could be fun die a quick death. Can we get more humour and fun back to this community or do we just accept the new norm and either move on or adapt to this new environment?

I disagree.
Its not ruined by "some people who have a problem with some consoles doing better", its that there basically is no discussion at all left.
Too many people are banned.  Now all thats left is nintendo users basically :P 

(so many xbox and playstation users banned, and mods all lean nintendo side)

Flilix said:

A lot of the most entertaining people have been permabanned.

^ this.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 05 May 2021

For anyone wondering about the current trends of traffic here, the increasing Bounce rate isn't good, that's where a person effectively comes to a single page on the site and then leaves, the 1.8 pageviews per visitor implies that people land on the front page or else directly into their thread of choice, spend 2 minutes on it and leave or some opt to click to the next page of a thread or click on a single news article on the front page.

But just in case there is any thinking that this site is on the way up, no, the bounce going up is a bad thing (although 40% is still okay for a site, slightly less so for a forum because a single post would not count as a bounce.)